Unable to view the content

I just got my wireless stick, trying to get it to work with my iphone 6 and the latest ios. Wifi connection works good, and the firmware is updated to the latest. However, the app cannot view the content on the stick. It seems that the app cannot access the memory at all. Everytime I try to create a new folder, it pops “invalid folder name”. And as I try to back-up contacts, it says not enough memory on the stick. I tried to access from the webpage on my computer, and it says memory card not installed. At the same time, accessing through usb works. 

I got two of the 32GB, and both have the same issue. I am wondering if it the stick that has the problem or it is a universal problem with the firmware or the app. Does anyone have the same issue? Thanks

You have 2 32GB drives. You didn’t happen to format the drives in exFAT file system did you? The 16 and 32GB models only support FAT32. 

If you have not formatted the drives the file system on the drive may possibly be corrupt. Connect them to a computer and see if you can access the drives there. If not try formatting the drives and see if that allows them to be accessed. You will need to use the file system FAT32. 

I am having a similar problem but the solution given to the previous member does not work. I bought the 128gb wireless USB drive last Tuesday. Initially the three standard folders of photos, videos and music were visible in my iPad. I wanted to add in documents. The drive opened as a USB drive on my iMac with no problems, I added a new folder called “documents” and put some documents in it. Going back to the iPad and connecting to the drive the new folder could not be seen, indeed no folders.

I went back to the iMac, I have tried formatting as MS-DOS (FAT) and also using ExFAT but having added folders from the iMac when I connect the drive to the iPad and use the app no folders can be seen.

If I try to add a folder to say copy photos in I get the same message as the previous member reported, any name chosen is unacceptable.

Also there is often a message top left in the app screen saying drive is in USB mode. This sometimes goes but only after repeated tries - plugging it into a PSU, switching it on and off after being in the iMac and even resetting it. Still the working in USB message appears from time to time but when it doesn’t and the iPad is connected the app cannot see any folders or let me do anything.

How do I get this to work?

Thanks,

Richard.

Try a hardware reset of the Wireless stick: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17549/ 

After that make sure the Wireless stick is formatted in exFAT. then try accessing. see if you see similar issues. If just to be safe test the drive with some other host device. if it fails there as well it may need to be replaced. 

Also if you do not have the exact issue as in a post please create a new post. this is a solved issue so posting unrelated issues in the same post is not helpful.

I don’t have 2 x 32 gab drives but as my original post says, one 128gb drive. I have tried formatting as exFAT and MSDOS FAT, neither achieve anything. I can see folders and files I have copied to the drive when I plug it into the computer but when connected via the app to my iPad it sees nothing and sometimes tells me the stick is operating as a USB drive and cannot access it. That despite it having been switched off and on again and restored.

are you sure you are using the correct app? SanDisk has several apps on the market. Is it possible you are using the incorrect one?

here is a list of the apps for the various wireless sandisk products. The link below shows what the icon for the apps looks like. Make sure you are using the correct app for the Wireless stick. 

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18188/ 

Also you are still hijacking someone else’s thread. If your issue is not solved start a new thread. 

I don’t have 2 x 32 gab drives but as my original post says, one 128gb drive. I have tried formatting as exFAT and MSDOS FAT, neither achieve anything. I can see folders and files I have copied to the drive when I plug it into the computer but when connected via the app to my iPad it sees nothing and sometimes tells me the stick is operating as a USB drive and cannot access it. That despite it having been switched off and on again and restored.

Richard

You posted the exact same thing as last time. see my last post. Make sure you have the correct app for the wireless stick. If that does not help START A NEW THREAD!. your issue is not related to the original posters issue. posting in their thread is not helpful. 

My post does relate to the original post. That is why I posted where I did.

As both my original post and my second one state, I have done a hard reset. Whether I hard reset, format as exfat or MSDOS the app cannot see any files on the USB drive. It did at first but stopped doing so after I added a folder via my iMac.

The thread is headed “Unable to view the content” that is exactly what my post is about. If I started a new thread I would call it the same.

no it is not related or the issue would have been solved with the correct format. This is a solved thread. Please start a new one or contact sandisdk support. . 

1 Like

I am using SecureAccess V2 and I can’t see any content. Can I format the disc if I have a vault or will it remove the software as well?

@biomike wrote:

I am using SecureAccess V2 and I can’t see any content. Can I format the disc if I have a vault or will it remove the software as well?

Yes, it will.

Plug out the sandisk drive from computer so it doesnt lock the drive. Create folder when its not plugged.