Unable to connect to local network internet

Trying to connect to local network for Internet with Sandusk connect device. Get double-blink confirm after reboot, but clearly not connected to my local network. App also confirms not Internet. Reset, redownload, no fix. Please update. Issue in iOS or android.

once you get the double blink you will need to disconnect from the wireless stick network and connect to the LAN you configured for Internet connection in the wireless stick app settings. Once you are connected to the LAN open the app and it will connect to the stick via side link (the wireless stick does not support Internet passthrough). After connecting via your LAN with sidelink you should see the Internet connection active in the settings. 

Here is what I do:

Connect to Connect Stick wifi.

Attempt to connect to my network. get message about double-blink and confirm double-blink on device, after reboot.

Connect to my local network.

Open App.

Unable to connect to Stick… (Stick wifi not connect)

Connect to Stick signal-

Open App

View setting “Internet Connection” to view side link config.

App does NOT indicate WiFi- stills shows cellular, as if nothing was done.

at this point I DO see double-blink but-

Functions such as Apple-TV or Chromecaset grayed out.

If you do not support internet pass thru- how can Chromecast/Apple-TV work or browse internet per doc?

Is this accurate:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17541/related/1

Connect to Stick signal-

Open App

View setting “Internet Connection” to view side link config.

App does NOT indicate WiFi- stills shows cellular, as if nothing was done.

If you are connected to the wireless stick wifi network it will not show internet connected. If you are connected to the wireless stick network your phone will use cellular for internet access. 

If you do not support internet pass thru- how can Chromecast/Apple-TV work or browse internet per doc?

Is this accurate:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17541/related/1

It will connect to these things via side link. side link is where bth devices are connected to the same network.

An example of internet passthrough is if your Wireless stick was set up to use your LAN for internet access. You then connect your host to the wireless stick and it passes through the internet connection of your LAN. Side link on the other hand both your host device and wireless stick are connected to the same LAN and the host accesses the wireless stick via the LAN. 

Connect to Connect Stick wifi.

Attempt to connect to my network. get message about double-blink and confirm double-blink on device, after reboot.

Connect to my local network.

Open App.

Unable to connect to Stick… (Stick wifi not connect)

This is the process that should work. As long as you see the double blink the wireless stick is connecting to your LAN. Try this

1. Connect to the wireless stick network

2. In settings connect to your LAN for internet

3. Force close the Wireless stick app (double tap home and swipe the wireless stick app off the screen)

4. Turn off the wireless stick

5. Connect your host to the LAN

6. Turn on the wireless stick

7. Open the wireless stick app

Hope it helps

Will try your steps, although I’m pretty sure I have already done so.

Q: Assuming I see double-blink:

When I start a video from the _Connect _I should see the Chromcast/AppeTV icon NOT grayed out and usable.

Of course I need to be connected to the device WiFi, NOT my local WiFi.

The device SHOULD see my LAN and recognize my AppleTV etc. for use.

Do I have that right?

Even when I see the double-blink and restart all, that icon is still grayed out.

Settings confirms that my local LAN is preferred, but diagram at top still shows cellular default illustration (lan gray).

I have never gotten to have it indicate otherwise.

Thanks for your time.

Of course I need to be connected to the device WiFi, NOT my local WiFi.

No, IIRC all devices i.e. wireless stick, the AppleTV, and your mobile device will need to be connected to the LAN. When they are all connected to your LAN they will be able to talk to each other via the LAN. If you are connected directly to the wireless stick network it will not use your LAN. 

does not work for me either.  tried with online help and nothing.  the led just keeps blinking 1,2…1,2…1,2…1,2… nothing.

I have the same issue as reported by other users regarding the internet connection feature. Are there any specific router requirements to get this to work? Has anyone succeeded in getting it to work?

internet works fine for me. If the network is encrypted you will need to use WPA2 personal for the encryption type. WEP, WAP, and WPA2 enterprise are ot supported. 

I had exactly the same problems listed above.

After I changed the settings on my network to “DHCP and NAT”  from “Bridge only” it all worked straight away. Also see post above re: WPA 2 Personal. This was on an Apple Airport Express configured to provide a separate network to that provided by the Router. I made the changes using a hard wired (network cable) to my computer. When I tried it over WiFi I lost the wired Ethernet connect from the Airport Express (needed for heating control etc.). 

I hope this info helps anyone out there having problems.

Best regards,

MickB

can you post step by step video instructions?  

Hi htluver

Re: Step by step video instructions. If your request is aimed at me, the answer has to be no. I suggest you consult your user manual and any manufacturer videos. There are usually videos on YouTube too. I would ignore those that cannot explain what they are doing and why.