Sandisk Stick saying no Internet connection

I have been having similar issues to the previous post (I think) getting my 200GB wireless stick to connect to the internet.  I am currently using an Iphone 6 plus on IOS 10.1 (I am guessing on the IOS version as I am currently in the process of updating to 10.2). I have followed the instructions for setting up my phone to be connected to both my Wi-Fi and the wireless stick.  I can initially get the wireless stick to connect to my Wi-Fi, but when I follow the instructions and change my Wi-Fi connection back to my home network (having previously been connected to the wireless stick’s Wi-Fi) the trouble starts.  When I go beck into the SanDisk App, I cannot connect to the wireless stick.  If I change the Wi-Fi connection back to the wireless stick and try to reconfigure the internet connection, it shows my home network as a “known” network, but will not connect to it.  I bought two of these wireless sticks, and am having the same issue with both of them.  I have also seen the same issue trying to set these sticks up on my home network as well as a work network (so I don’t think it is something wrong with the networks).  Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?