Sandisk Connect APP keeps crashing when trying to play Music

I have just bought the 32GB Stick.  I was able to load about 6GB of Music onto it,  i can connect and view the files.  however, everytime I try to play a song, the APP crashes.  I have a Motorolla Moto-X (gen 2)  Any ideas?  Thanx

What format are the music files?

The files are showing up as MP3s.  I copied them from a playlist on my iTunes.  I’ve since reformatted the stick and reinstalled the APP.  I’ve also tried several other music player APPs, but I can’t get them to recognize the stick as a file source.  Not very happy with this product…

The app crashes in so many cases it renders the product virtually unusable. In my case (iOS 9.2.1 on ipad 2 and ios 8.4 mini) it does it most frequently:

• at app launch

• when trying to play a video other than the example ones in the app (over 80% of available memory on both 32GB ipads - it crashes on ipad 2, does not crash in this scenario on the mini)

It is also unable to play two movies at the same time without glitches and stops, to the two ipads laying next to the wireless stick…

Judging by what I saw on the forum, it will fail in basically any other use case (backup etc).

Question is: when will SanDisk fix it?

Regards,

swpr

@sweeper wrote:

when trying to play a video other than the example ones in the app (over 80% of available memory on both 32GB ipads - it crashes on ipad 2, does not crash in this scenario on the mini)

What is the video format? Can you post a drop box link so we can test?

It is also unable to play two movies at the same time without glitches and stops, to the two ipads laying next to the wireless stick…

What is the bitrate of the videos? The wireless stick can support up to 3 simultaneous streams each at a max of 2Mb/s. So basically it can provide a max of 6Mb/s. If you have high bitrate videos you may be exceeding the streaming capabilities of the device. 

1 Like

Thanks, drlucky, for a quick reply. One of the files was an avchd format, well above the bitrate you indicated (I must have missed that bit in the ads ;). The other two were the ones pre-loaded on the stick, I didn’t check the bitrate but assume they were not put there to prove Sandisk inability to deliver on promises…

Anyhow I did another test, with both the Sandisk demo movies, on the ipad 2 and an iphone 5s. With pretty the same results - no two (or the same) movies were played without pausing on two devices simultanously. And the app crashed twice on ipad 2 in the process…

if the app is crashing there will be crash logs on the iOS device. If you send them to sandisk support they can review the crash logs and hopefully be able to find what may be causing the crash. 

here is how to get crash logs from an iOS device

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15002/ 

here is the contact info for sandisk support. 

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask/

1 Like