FAT32 not exFAT

Hi guys

I purchased the 64Gb wireless disk and discovered the volume is formatted exFAT. I wish to plug this device into my embroidery machine which doesn’t support exFAT so, I formated the wireless stick using FAT32 - I suspect my embroidery machine will now be able to read the contents of the stick but haven’t been able to verify this yet as I’m in work and the embroidery machine is at home!

However, when I run the app Connect Dive on my Android phone, it recognises the FAT32 format and asks me to format it using exFAT! The only option is to click OK and the app exits.

If I had the 32Gb version of the wireless stick, would I then be able to run thr app with the stick formatted FAT32? Of course I’d need to buy a second wireless stick with 32Gb capacity,

Cheers

John

the 16 and 32GB capacities use FAT32.

Thanks for the info.

I just want to try accessing the device using IP as opposed to the App to see if that makes any difference.

Cheers

John

I have 32 GB one. It is FAT32. I’m able to access it by UNC like this \192.168.0.19\myconnect but I’m not able to copy files to it. I get “The parameter is incorrect” error. Anybody able to fix this issue?