Connect Drive crashing on iPad 2

I have the 128GB Wireless stick (Firmware 4.0.2 (2038)) with multiple movies. I have the client (1.0.15 (1115)) installed on an iphone 6 and 2 different ipad 2’s.  The Iphone is running 9.0.2.  One ipad is running 9.0.2 and the other is running 8.4.

The iPhone is working perfectly fine.  I can play all videos without issue. Both iPads, though, crash consistently.  May times, I can’t even get through the menu to get to a video before it crashes.  I have tried uninstalling the apps and reinstalled without improvement.  Is there an issue with the Connect Drive and iPad 2’s? Is there an ability to grab the crash logs and underetand what is happening?

1 Like

I wanted to go in an edit the post but wasn’t sure how.  I was able to do some additional testing.  I have access to a third iPad 2 and an iPad mini (latest version).  I installed teh app on both.  The ipad mini has been playing flawlessly.  The thirs ipad 2 began crashing exactly as the other ipad 2’s.  I’m feelign liek this is definitely an ipad 2 thing or at least a low end IOS device issue.

1 Like

I do not have an iPad 2 but like you my iPad mini is working. I sent an email to sandisk support with a link to this thread. Hopefully it can be fixed in the next app release. 

1 Like

I’m having the same problem suddenly with a 1st gen iPad Mini and also a 2nd gen iPad.  It works fine on my iPhone 6s.  I’m also thinking it’s something to do with the older hardware/software.  Thanks for forwarding this to support drlucky.

1 Like

Hi bnix,

though you have posted this issue in oct 2015, the said problem still exists. The wireless stick works fine in my iphone 6. But the app is always crashing in my ipad mini. Immediately on opening itself the app crashes. Since it is obvious that sandisk geeks have done nothing to resolve this bug, please let me know if you have find any other way out. Thanks…

1 Like

Sir,

The said problem still exists. The wireless stick works fine in my iphone 6. But the app is always crashing in my ipad mini. Immediately on opening itself the app crashes. Since it is obvious that sandisk geeks have done nothing to resolve this bug, please let me know if you have find any other way out. Thanks…

1 Like

No workaround found by me.  I simply now only use it for my ipad mini (latest version).  For my kids I have to use videos stored locally.  I thought this was the big find I needed for streaming on trips but it definitely failed with that.  I like how it works when it works but overall I was pretty dissapointed.