how to organize WMD

After learning basic operation I would like to organize content on my drive.

Going to menu/file I found four forlders: photos,videos,music,upload. However all photos uploaded are not in photos folder , but in upload. How to organize folder within WMD and how to move items. 

There is a detailed user manual ?

You can’t organize files/folders from the WMD app, or specify what folder to upload to.  This is a MAJOR shortcoming IMO.  At least on the PC side, you can organize all you want, and the WMD app will be able to access all the new files/folders.

Of the four folders you listed, only the Upload folder seems to have a purpose.  This is the giant pool where anything and everything you upload from your device goes.  I guess the other three folders are just suggestions of where to put your content, though your content will be found no matter where it is.  But don’t bother deleting these folders if you don’t use them, because the app will just uselessly recreate them.  

Since writing the above post, I’ve discovered FileBrowser, an iOS app that allows you to create folders on the WMD, as well as an inserted SD card, and copy/move files to and from all folders.  The iPad/Phone Photo Library is also included as a possible source/destination for files.  It also has “Open In…” functionality for all your files.

got the app, but I am unable to connect to WMD, as FileBrowser doesn’t see the drive.

As the feature of the App are many, can you give some hint on the way to connect from ipad ? Thanks

got the app, but I am unable to connect to WMD, as FileBrowser doesn’t see the drive.

As the feature of the App are many, can you give some hint on the way to connect from ipad ? Thanks

In FileBrowser, add a location using the “+” icon in the Locations panel.  Select an FTP connection, giving the url of the wmd (192.168.11.1), and your password.

1 Like