Won't play legitimate media

Attempted, unsuccessfully, to get assistance with this matter.  Why won’t the device play media on my iPad, Galaxy S4 or mothers’s Kindle?  Read the help regarding shutting the apps down.

You would need to be more specific when you say legitimate media. See below for a list of supported file types.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10534/kw/wmd%20supported%20file%20types

Purchased from the iTunes store, as opposed to downloaded, illegitimately, which it plays without issue.

What he wants, I think, is what many of us have asked for, “Open In…”, particularly if the media drive does not recognize the media…but even if. It does as often we will want another app to use the media, even if it has ipad native support.

John

Unsupported File Type on Kidle Fire.  Sorted.  What it won’t do is play video on my Galaxy S4 or iPad.  Get a blank screen on the phone & when tapped, get the video name in the title bar, with the pause symbol in the middle of the screen.  On the iPad, says leaving app, opens a Safari window & crashes.  I have tried to get help from Sandisk, but they just cannot be bothered.

I haven’t done this myself, but after looking in the Media Player manual (the larger user guide), I’m not sure you’ll be able to get this content to play on your Galaxy.  BUT, you should be able to get it to play on the iPad IF your iPad is an “authorized” device.

To check this, according to the manual, try going into the iTunes Store app on your iPad.  At the bottom of the screen, tap the “Purchased” button.  If your iPad is “authorized”, you should see the content available to download from the iCloud.

The reason I think your Galaxy won’t work is that I don’t know how you’d make it an “authorized” device.

This is based on info from the manual starting on page 29, btw.

Thanks for that.  Will look into it.  Flies in the face of what Sandisk say it will do though. This from their website “Works with iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Kindle Fire, and Android™ devices”, which it obviously doesn’t.  Think Sandisk should change the meaning of “Works” or say that it doesn’t work with iTunes and the Galaxy.  Bet they won’t though.