Sandisk media drive

Can any body tell me why i cannot formatt the 64gb drive and it only shows up as removable disk thanks

@kevygasman wrote:

Can any body tell me why i cannot formatt the 64gb drive and it only shows up as removable disk thanks

Maybe this will help, Page 46 of WMD manual

Admin Settings
You must be logged on as an Admin to access Admin Settings. You use them to
• Control Admin login, security, Wi-Fi, and USB settings
• Connect to the Internet
• Upgrade the Drive Firmware
• Reformat the Drive

tried all that but still does not show on pc as a media drive just removable disc, can not transfer anything to it  it keeps asking to format it but windows says cannot be formatted. Wireless connection keeps dropping off after 20 seconds or so on i phone and samsung note 8, begining to wish i had never purchased it:robotsad:

@kevygasman wrote:

tried all that but still does not show on pc as a media drive just removable disc, can not transfer anything to it  it keeps asking to format it but windows says cannot be formatted. Wireless connection keeps dropping off after 20 seconds or so on i phone and samsung note 8, begining to wish i had never purchased it:robotsad:

_ _It is your PC not the Sandisk media drive (WMD) causing the problem formatting / writing to the WMD. I assume you are connected via USB. Make sure your PC has the latest USB drivers. Check the status of the Sandisk drivers in Windows Device Manager.

I have found the WIFI in the WMD to be very persistent. You may want to check the WIFI configurations of the devices connecting to the WMD. 

what OS do you have? the WMD is in exFAT format so you may need a patch for older OS. 

thanks for info. Ive sussed it had to use device manager to formatt it then all works gr8 :slight_smile: even the wifi is better just used latest firmware and now all ok.

patience is a virtue so they say :laughing: