Sandisk Media Drive won't connect to Note 3 wi-fi.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong? My media drive connects fine via wi-fi on al my other devices. But, my new Note 3 does not connect when I select the Sandisk from the wi-fi setting panel. It first returns the message “Checking the quality of your internet connection…” It ehn fails to connect and reconnects to the default wi-fi network.

Thank in advance for any help.

Mike

i searched that message and it seems that is hapening on several WiFi devices. one user used an iphone to configurwe internet on the WMD then the note would connect. I think this issue is more on the note side though because there are several reports of this issue on many different wifi routers. 

I am having the same issue on all my Android devices. Yet apple devices work fine. I tried to connect to several android devices at BEst Buy. It worked. I am not sure what is happening. But, it seems like there is a conflict with something else running on my Note 3. I get the message “Checking internet connection”, then "Poor connection. I know it’s not really poor because I have the wi-fi device 3 feet away.

@mpineau123 wrote:

I am having the same issue on all my Android devices. Yet apple devices work fine. I tried to connect to several android devices at BEst Buy. It worked. I am not sure what is happening. But, it seems like there is a conflict with something else running on my Note 3. I get the message “Checking internet connection”, then "Poor connection. I know it’s not really poor because I have the wi-fi device 3 feet away.

My Media Drive connects just fine with my three Android devices. I am just using it to connect them to each other, though, not also to the Internet at the same time (I have no need to do that).

try turning off Auto network switching

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13458/kw/auto%20network