12-11-2013 08:07 AM
Currently the only way to move a folder or file from the internal to external memory is to use a computer. Once connected to the computer you can just drag and drop the files or folders from one location to the other. IIRC they are supposed to add this feature at some point. No word of when this would happen though.
12-11-2013 09:22 AM
I don't have an iPad. Since the 2.9 firmware update and an update to the Android app, I can copy directly files and whole file directories between the WMD drive memory and the WMD SD card and back again..
12-11-2013 09:42 AM
Just tested this again with FW version 2.9 and it looks like you can move files between internal and external memory.
In iOS you use the following method
1. In the navigation bar select Files
2. Choose Media Drive (this is the internal memory) and browse to the files you want to move to external memory
3. Select the upload/download button in the upper right corner (iPad) lower left (iPhone, iPod)
4. Select the files or folders you want to transfer
5. Select Share at the bottom and then select Copy
6. Now navigate to Files > Media Card Drive
7. Navigate to the location you want to transfer the files to
8. Long press and you will get an option to Paste Here
You can reverse the steps above to move files from the SD card to the internal memory. Once the files have been moved you can delete them from their original location if needed.