Streaming videos

Hi,

i am using ipad 4 with ios 8.4. i notice the file streaming size limitaion of 4gb. what kind of the conect wireless flash drive support streaming more than 4gb file for ios users?

Thanks.

For files larger than 4GB you will need to use exFAT. The 16 and 32GB wireless flash drives do not support exFAT. If you have a need for single files larger than 4GB you would need to purchase the 64GB version of the Wireless Flash drive. 

You could always convert the file so it is smaller that 4GB as well. 

Thanks.

Let me understand.

If i purchase separately only the 64 GB SD card (without a stick as i already have one) and format it to exFAT i will be able to stream and transfer single files larger than 4gb with my IPAD 4?

If so what exactly edition of 64 GB SA card shuld i buy?

No, if your WFD originally came with a 16GB or 32GB card only FAT32 is supported. The controller and FW in the 64GB version WFD is different from the controller and FW used in the 16GB and 32GB versions. 

basically if you have a WFD that originally came with a 16GB or 32GB card you will be limited to FAT32 only. 

Interesting. What do you mean by saying FW and controller? Do you mean that the hardware of the stick (host device?) of the 16GB/32GB WFD are different than the 64GB WFD? If so don’t you think it will be better to buy the wireless stick instead of the WFD? For my best understanding the wireless stick is the new generation? What will be the best for my needs as my main goal is watching all kind of movies formats (especially MKV/HD) with no size limitation using my iPad 4?
Thanks.

Yes, the hardware in the 16 and 32 is different than the hardware used in the 64. The new wireless stick is the same based off the FAQs i have read. see below

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17546/

Thanks. So what is the diffrent between the Sandisk connect wireless flash drive and the Sandisk connect wireless stick (both 64gb)? What is your recommendation as my goal is watching movies? By the way, just to be sure, once I format the two above to exFAT32 they will be compatable to iOS?

@leo75 wrote:
So what is the diffrent between the Sandisk connect wireless flash drive and the Sandisk connect wireless stick (both 64gb)?

Same question I had when the wirelss stick came out a few days ago. This is the response I got:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Connect-Wireless-Stick/SanDisk-Connect-Wireless-Stick/m-p/340652/highlight/true#M4

Basically an upgraded version.

There is no exFAT32. you would either use exFAT or FAT32. if you ahve a device that shipped with 16 or 32GB of memory you will ahve to use FAT32

Many thanks my friend.

With your premission i want to make sure i am buying the right product for my needs.

In order to stream files larger than 4gb i need to buy only the 64GB version of the WFD or wireless stick who support exFat and NTFS. is it correct?

by the way the battery life is 4hours max and this might be aproblem.

another option is the wireless media drive who for my best understanding the battery life is 8 hours and the 32GB also support exFAT and NTFS?

last question that might save a lot of money for me :slight_smile:

My friend gave me his WFD. so far good it’s news but it seems that the stick is empty with no memory card in (he took it out and can’t find it). he is sure that the stick was shipped with 64gb memory card. so i want to buy the the exact 64gb memory card the stick shipped with but i don’t waht version shuld i buy. maybe the  SanDisk Ultra Micro SDXC 64GB? i looked at the WFD 64gb specs and couldn’t find anything. can you help me?

Could someone please answer my last 2 posts?

Many thanks in advance.

In order to stream files larger than 4gb i need to buy only the 64GB version of the WFD or wireless stick who support exFat and NTFS. is it correct?

NTF is not supported by any device regardless of capacity. If you need exFAT support you will ahve to purchase the 64GB device. 

another option is the wireless media drive who for my best understanding the battery life is 8 hours and the 32GB also support exFAT and NTFS?

NTFS is not supported with the Media drive either. All capacities do support exFAT though. Battery life is also better.