Sandisk Flash drive ios 8 the reason?

my Sandisk 64 gb Flash drive not working since ios 8 anyone else have this problem? all the itunes videos are recognized but unlike before, when safari attempts to play the file it doesnt play anymore. please tell me someone else out there has this problem

I’m having the same problem.

I’ve got the same problem. I’ve got a media and flash drive and neither will work on any of my iOS 8 devices.

it seems there are issues playing DRM protected content in iOS 8. I have seen similar reports on other forums as well. Hopefully a fix will be out soon. 

Having the exact same problem with iPhone 5s and iPad 4 ever since iOS8 was installed on the devices. Since streaming iTunes videos was the main reason I bought this product, I really hope SanDisk comes up with a fix.

I’m having the same problem, worked fine with iOS 7, but not after the upgrade.  Can connect recognizes the files in the drive, even the icon, but will not play.

See this post

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Connect-Wireless-Media/IOS-8-Problems/m-p/333071/highlight/true#M431 

@slotmonsta wrote:

I spoke with the development team and it seems the issue is actually with Safari. The WMD/WFD apps do not actually do any DRM decryption. The DRM is decrypted in Safari. The files are being served to Safari correctly however Safari is not decrypting the DRM and therefore not playing. This issue currently affects all devices in this class. We have reported the issue to Apple and hope an update that will resolve the issue will be released soon. We do not have any timeline for when such an update will be released. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

So this basically means that unless Apple chooses to alter Safari, there is nothing SanDisk can do to remedy the loss of functionality with iOS8.

that is the way it seems. 

Just updated my iPhone 5s to iOS 8.1 and still not working, this is not good enough - makes the media drive useless!

Can you please let us know that a fix is being worked on and when we can expect it?!?

I dont think sandisk knows when apple will release a new version of safari to fix the issue. 

I upgraded my iPad to IOS 8.1.1 this morning and the problem is still not resolved.

Can anyone from Sandisk who is reading this please comment?

sandisk has already commented. it seems the fix will have to come from apples side and they do not have any control over when that will happen

slotmonsta wrote:

I spoke with the development team and it seems the issue is actually with Safari. The WMD/WFD apps do not actually do any DRM decryption. The DRM is decrypted in Safari. The files are being served to Safari correctly however Safari is not decrypting the DRM and therefore not playing. This issue currently affects all devices in this class. We have reported the issue to Apple and hope an update that will resolve the issue will be released soon. We do not have any timeline for when such an update will be released. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry but this is just not good enough, I have 6 of these expensive devices which are sitting around gathering dust.

I use an iPad and these drives are also for use with iPhones, I upgraded my Air 2 last weekend to IOS 8.1.3 and the wireless connection issue has been resolved but the app doesn’t recognise my iPad.

This product is still being sold on A****n as being compatible with Apple products, which it clearly isn’t.  Surely, it should be withdrawn from sale until the issue is resolved?

The product is compatible with Apple product. All features still work with Apple products except playback of iTunes DRM protected content. It is clear from the statement that Apple made a change that prevents their DRM from being decrypted in Safari. this is a change sandisk or any other manufacturer has no control over (this issue effects all products in this class and even content stored on network shares see similar posts on Western Digital forums)

If you want this to change you should contact Apple and request they reenable this feature. There is not really anything SanDisk can do about what changes Apple makes to Safari. Apple choose to disable this feature in iOS 8 and unfortunately they are the only ones that can reenable it but just because iTunes DRM content is not functional it does not mean the device is not compatible with Apple devices.