SanDisk Guru

Re: NTFS Support

The actual drive is different. If the drive was shipped with 16 or 32GB cards it cannot be upgraded to work with exFAT. You can reformat a 64GB card in FAT 32 and it will work but you will be limited to single files smaller than 4GB

Highlighted

This is very disappointing.  We were first promised we would exFAT support with a firmware update and then they backtracked on that.

I think it will work now according to this.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8075/kw/wfd

SanDisk Guru

exFAT is still only supported on drives that were shipped with a 64GB card. if the WFD was shipped with a 16 or 32GB card you can use a 64 but you will need to reformat it in FAT32. 

Disapointing doesn't come close.

6 years after ExFat's release and you won't support it or NTFS. Isn't the point of this device to stream media? HD movies typically exceed 4GB and I can't stream them because Sandisk will not embrace relevant filesystems that evem MAC supports.

Had I known this limitation (not cited in your user or QS manual) prior to purchase I never would have bought it. More than two weeks to find this out and returniing it is no longer a option. I count that as $60 wasted.

Not the 1st time your policies have burned me but I think it will be the last. I am stuck with a useless 'wireless' drive that is nothing more than a grossly overpriced 32GB flash drive I could have gotten for a sixth the price.from another mfgr.

Disgusted is a far more accurate label.

SanDisk User

I think it will eventually support NTFS but it may take time to develop it though. Unfortunate but that will be the case here.

I am also not impressed, seriously even the cheapest meadia player support ntfs. 80% of my movies will not be able to be played as they are over 4gb? I would even be happy with exfat.

Sandisk, lift the game................................

Grant.