NTFS Support

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

Copying my 8gb .mkv files has failed due to the fat32 format that the mobile app only supports (iOS)

Is there going to be an update to the app that can support NTFS or even exfat?

Thanks

SanDisk Guru

Re: NTFS Support

NTFS will not be supported. A FW update is planned for later this year that will support exFAT so you will not see issues with large files after the update comes out. 

That's good news.  Any idea what the timeframe for this update will be?

I ran into the Fat32 wall this morning trying to copy a 6GB file over to the drive.

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

sorry we do not have a timeframe for the release. 

Administrator

This FW update has not yet been finalized and may not be backwards compatible with existing Connect Wireless Flash Drives. Full details will be available once the FW is released.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

Please support ex-fat format as most of my files are beyond 4gb FAT32 limit. When do you think we can expect the firmware upgrade as my main intention of buying the device is in vain as of now.

Highlighted

Any updates on this?  I will be very disappointed if you aren't able to make the update compatible with existing drives.

Hello?  Any update?

Administrator

exFAT will only be supported on WFD products that come natively with 64GB card (available very soon). WFD products that ship with 16 or 32GB will not be compatible with exFAT file system. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

If I have the 32GB model can I upgrade the card to get the exFat capability or is it the device itself that is different?  If it is only the card please tell me which 64GB card I need to get.  Thanks!