Copying a 1.3GB Movie

how long should it take to copy a 1.3GB movie from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition tablet  to the Sandisk Connect wifi drive?

Thanks

@monicakm wrote:

how long should it take to copy a 1.3GB movie from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition tablet  to the Sandisk Connect wifi drive?

Thanks

Hard to say. I can copy movies that size from my 2012 Nexus 7 to my Wireless Media Drive, but it takes a few minutes.

The Wireless Flash Drive, though, for some unknown reason, is useless as anything but a normal flash drive now…any type of action I attempt with it wirelessly ends in failure.:confounded:

>>>any type of action I attempt with it wirelessly ends in failure<<<

Hummm, this may be veeeery interesting.  I’ve had my wireless flash drive since Friday.   I’ve yet to get it to work.  Well, it worked kinda sorta.  I did get the movie on it.  It took about 40 minutes to copy and then wouldn’t play.  It was a protected movie I bought from Samsung.  Can play it from my external sd card but not from the Sandisk drive.  After that, nothing!  I attempted to configure the drive where I could access the internet at the same time I was using the wireless flash drive.  SOMEthing, SOMEwhere went wrong.  At first I thought it was the fact that both networks were trying to connect.  My tablet scans every few seconds I don’t know why, nor do I know if I can stop it).  When it does, it disconnects the Sandisk, turns off the main network and then turns it on again.  It won’t let the Sandisk drive stay connected.  So I tried turning off my home network thinking that the Sandisk network would stay connected.  It won’t.  I videoed the message that flashes across the screen at lightning speed during one of these “scan” sessions (yes, it repeats twice).  If the home network is the only network, it stays connected.  I’ve done everything I can think of.  I’m about to decide it’s a  problem or limitation of the router or the flash drive.  I called Sandisk.  Pretty much a waste of time as no one could understand what was going on.  After one HOUR a supervisor was going to look into this further and call me tomorrow.  I’m not holding my breath.

The brief moment or two I did have it working, I tried copying multiple songs but it would only allow me to select one song at a time.  Is this how it’s intended?  At this point, unless things change drastically, it’s going back to Newegg for a refund :frowning:

turning off wifi

to see available networks, turn on wifi

turning on

turning off wifi

to see available networks, turn on wifi

turning on

@monicakm

The max wifi transfer speed for the WFD is 6Mb/s so a 1.3Gb file is going to take some time. 

Wireless coexistence only works with iOS 7. If you are using a Samsung device this setting will not be applicable. 

DRM protected files are not supported by the WFD/WMD software so you will not be able to stream DRM protected content.

@monicakm and Marvin

If you have having issues with the wifi dropping you can try disabling auto network switching and changing the wifi channel the WFD uses.

Disabling auto network switching

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13458/kw/auto%20network%20switching 

Changing channel

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14656/kw/WFD%20channel  

@drlucky wrote:

@monicakm

The max wifi transfer speed for the WFD is 6Mb/s so a 1.3Gb file is going to take some time. 

Wireless coexistence only works with iOS 7. If you are using a Samsung device this setting will not be applicable. 

DRM protected files are not supported by the WFD/WMD software so you will not be able to stream DRM protected content.

@monicakm and Marvin

If you have having issues with the wifi dropping you can try disabling auto network switching and changing the wifi channel the WFD uses.

Disabling auto network switching

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13458/kw/auto%20network%20switching 

Changing channel

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14656/kw/WFD%20channel  

Bookmarked for later reference…thanks!

drlucky, would you mind showing me exactly where in the quick start guide that it lets people know this feature is ONLY available with iOS7?  Not that I don’t believe it (it will almost be a relief after the time and effort and frustration I’ve put into getting it to work) but Sandisk sure needs to include that in their quick start guide!  After an hour with 4 or 5 different technical support people, none of them new it :o

I don’t have an “auto network switching” option on my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition.  This is under advanced in wifi settings. 

As for the other link concerning dropping wifi signals, not sure how to get there.  I can’t keep a signal long enough to even figure this out.  I think what I need to do is remove everything and start from scratch.  I just hope some of the input doesn’t remain in the settings and not allow me to start fresh.