Android app doesn't detect 128GB SanDisk Connect

New user here. I’ve got a 128GB SanDisk Connect flash drive that powers up and broadcasts a WiFi signal nicely. However I’m unable to connect to it via the SanDisk Wireless Flash Drive app, which shows an endless “searching for drives” message on its home screen. I am able to connect to the device’s network and stream content via webbrowser.

I’m on a Nexus 6 with Android 5.1.1 but go that same problem on a Motorola Moto M running Android 5.0.2

I’ve turned off automatic network switching to no avail.

Suggestions about how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Lev

Update: Aha! I was using the wrong Android App. The SanDisk Connect app worked just fine. 

Hello,

that is wonderful to know that you resolved the issue that you were experiencing.

Try below given solutions:

1. Take your external memory card off your Android smartphone or tablet. Make sure that your device is turned off as you do this.
    Use a white colored rubber eraser to rub the copper piece (gold yellow color) on your MicroSD card.
    Once you’re quite sure it’s clean, plug it back into the memory slot and then turn your android smartphone or tablet on.
  2. Open the ‘Settings’ app on your device and then go to Storage.
    Find the ‘Erase SD card’ option and tap on it. This deletes all data and makes it look like a new memory.
  3. Connect your Android device to a PC or laptop via the USB cable.
    Ensure that the device is connected as MSC (Mass storage mode), not MTP (Media transfer mode).
    Launch windows explore on your PC and right click on the MicroSD card driver. In the options that appear, choose Properties>Tools>Error Checking. Wait for the process to complete.
    After completion, eject your SD card and put it back into the memory slot on your phone or tablet. Check whether it works.

Above solutions are sufficent to solve your issue but if it get fails then check Motorola Nexus 6 Manual for more methods.