usb mode

After updating to 1.22 I still don’t have the usb mode option in the settings meny on my Sansa Sport. I can’t create the playlist without changing the usb mode. I have no clue why the usb mode option is missing at the first place. The quality control doesn’t do the right job ?! I spend whole day doing reaserch and trying to create the playlist. Waisted time.

The Clip sport does not have a USB mode. the Sport is a MSC only device. See the article below on the sandisk knowledgebase for creating playlists for the clip sport. it only support M3U playlists

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14337/ 

Said article is misleading. It’s not necessary to have the playlist in the same folder as the music files it contains.

I use the following method:

Given you have all your music files on the Sport, drag and drop the ones you want to add to the playlist to Foobar2000’s or Winamp’s playlist editor. Save the playlist as M3U to the Sport’s root directory. – The latter part is essential. If you save the playlist on your computer and copy it to the player it won’t work.

Thanks for the proper hint as I try to avoid using perverted Microsoft’s WMP. I’ve used VLC for creating the list. It works fine, however the solutions on the Sansa Sport are not great comparing to some of the mp3 players I had in the past. Unfotunately nowdays market for mp3 is very limited. Yesterday I tried a software called Sansa Clip Playlist Creator in order to create the playlist but then again it din’t work. Thanks again for the right advice.

regards   eugene69

In my previous reply I forgot to mention that Sansa Sport doesn’t play songs on the playlist in order that I put them instead it plays them in different way. I’ve tried to number the songs but for some reason it haven’t worked. Do you know how to fix it ?

@eugene69 wrote:

In my previous reply I forgot to mention that Sansa Sport doesn’t play songs on the playlist in order that I put them instead it plays them in different way. I’ve tried to number the songs but for some reason it haven’t worked. Do you know how to fix it ?

Hi Eugene

I can’t reproduce your issue. All my playlists are played in correct order. First I thought it may have to do with the order of addition, but that’s not the case. In exchange of the 22 tracks on my test list only 21 are displayed and played on the Sport; with reversed order it’s a different track that’s missing. That’s a confirmation for the behavior with the playlist I use for circumventing the 2000 file limit on the Sport, where about 45 of 4144 tracks are missing – this with a SanDisk 64 GB MicroSDXC card. Maybe a different size/type/brand would offer different results (?).

@eugene69 wrote:

Hi Eugene

I can’t reproduce your issue. All my playlists are played in correct order. First I thought it may have to do with the order of addition, but that’s not the case. In exchange of the 22 tracks on my test list only 21 are displayed and played on the Sport; with reversed order it’s a different track that’s missing. That’s a confirmation for the behavior with the playlist I use for circumventing the 2000 file limit on the Sport, where about 45 of 4144 tracks are missing – this with a SanDisk 64 GB MicroSDXC card. Maybe a different size/type/brand would offer different results (?).

BTW, have you made sure you don’t have shuffle play enabled?