sd card wont show up when connected to car stereo

Sd card works fine until I connect it to my cars stereo system…it will only read what’s on internal memory of the player…is this the way the player works or is there a way to make it visible to my cars stereo?

@danimal425 wrote:
Sd card works fine until I connect it to my cars stereo system…it will only read what’s on internal memory of the player…is this the way the player works or is there a way to make it visible to my cars stereo?

You’re SOL.

The music library is no longer a single unit on the Clip Sport.

The card must be accessed independently even on the Clip Sport itself.

The completely artificial limts placed on the unit by SanDisk make no sense.

It’s obvious that absolutely no market research or focus group work went into the product design.

@danimal425 wrote:

This is a limitation of your car’s stereo head unit. It will only “see” the internal memory of the device, not the external memory card. And I don’t know of any car stereos that will.

@chibbs wrote:

You’re SOL.

The music library is no longer a single unit on the Clip Sport.

The card must be accessed independently even on the Clip Sport itself.

The completely artificial limts placed on the unit by SanDisk make no sense.

It’s obvious that absolutely no market research or focus group work went into the product design.

The OP’s problem has nothing to do with the Clip Sport’s database being separated.

Well that ■■■■■ and even customer support said they would have next lvl of trouble shoot call me back and never did obviously their devices are faulty way to go SanDisk!

@danimal425 wrote:
Well that ■■■■■ and even customer support said they would have next lvl of trouble shoot call me back and never did obviously their devices are faulty way to go SanDisk!

No, SanDisk’s products are NOT faulty. As I said, the car stereo’s head unit cannot ‘see’ more than one drive, the internal. It’s like this with ALL car stereo units to my knowledge. It has nothing to do with the mp3 player.