playlist empty after connecting android phone

hello, I’ve had this clip sport a few years. Recently I purchased a samsung galaxy s7 and tried to transfer some podcasts to the phone using the micro usb connecter.After disconnecting I was dismayed to see that all the music in folders on my playlist had vanished and I discovered Android folders and files on my device - what happened?

The SanDisk Forum has very few messages that discuss this topic.

For Clarifification:  Are you asking about missing audio files (mp3, m4a, etc) or empty Playlists (m3u files) ??

I think Playlists are sensitive to the precise location of the indexed audio files. Maybe the Android File Manager moved some audio files to new folders or new sub-folders? 

ALSO, the Podcasts Mode in the Clip Sport does not use Playlists. Playlists are only accessed using the Music Mode.

The SanDisk Forum has very few messages that discuss this topic.

For Clarifification:  Are you asking about missing audio files (mp3, m4a, etc) or empty Playlists (m3u files) ??

Are you attempting to copy music Playlists from your Android to your Clip Sport?

Are you copying Music Folders from your Android as sub-folders into the main Music folder on your Clip Sport?

I had several folders containg mp3s music in the playlist folder these had been placed in that folder from my laptop - I’d been playing these songs for over a year without problems. I’d also tried moving some audiobooks into a podcast folder from an sd card connected to the samsung phone - i moved them to the phone then connected my clip to the phone and opened up the podcast folder and moved them to the clip, but these vanished. I 've also noticed that my lib files are now listed as not supported., including m3u.lib music.lib etc. I’ve been listening to podcasts for a couple of years without problems.I just open up a clip window on my laptop and drag them to the folders…The music mp3s were converted from utube vids.I would like to find them again as I dont have copies although I have a long list of idividual songs in a folder on my sd card - not phone card-which were from some of the albums.

One other thing there are some mp3 songs remaining in the music folder which still play.as well as podcasts ,audiobooks etc.

Hopefully, SanDisk Forum members with direct experience with Android File Manager software will contribute to this discussion.

In my opinion, you should use a PC to rescue as many audio files as possible from your player and the micro SD card. Make sure to check into all the folders and sub-folders of both memory locations.

Thankyou for your atention.I would like to recover the missing mp3s and audiobooks - I get the impression from other postings that they may still be on my clip so hopefully with the right software I’ll find them.