multiple books on player out of chapter order Using Overdrive for windows mp3

If all MP3 players on the market have to use editing software why doesn’t Sandisk provide it with their products so their won’t be all these issues? I shouldn’t have to read for hours to find a fix for a supported format. On the Clip Sport box it lists all the supported formats and it should also say a software program not provided must be installed for the formats listed  to work. They aren’t really supported if they need an outside software program to make it work…

Is there not a mp3 by sandisk that I don’t have to edit tags? Will the Clip Plus work the way my M240 did? I never had to do that with my m240’s. They transferred perfectly every time to my player and each book was in its own folder making it easy to delete each book when I’m finished. What if I did a drag & drop with the TCNANDO software program from my M240  and copied it onto my Clip Sport? would TCNANDO work on the Clip Sport?

I went into my second book on my clip sport just now and removed the long title from each chapter and renamed each chapter 001, 002, and so on and that seemed to work. So correct me if I’m wrong, the renumbering is for sorting only within each book and the player actually knows one book from the other even when all books are in the same folder without using separate title folders for each book, correct?  So this tag editing program will allow for every book to be in the same folder, is that correct?  I’m not sure I could figure out how to use the tag editing software. Will that program also help me selct and delete the bokks I want to remove when finished?

I’m sorry to be a pain, can you answer these questions please?

1- I read on here where people were having issues with the last part of a chapter being left off of long chapters. Is that fixed?

2- Someone else posted that if there were more than X many chapters the last chapters won’t play. Will I be limited to how many chapters a book can have or is that fixed? At the Metropolitan Library I have to select download before I know how many chapters a book has.

I have only had this player a few days and want to return it if there are still issues playing audio books… I only use it for audio books from the Metropolitan Library that I download for free. I don’t buy my books from Amazon.

I appreciate your time and patience.