Lock/unlock player

I cant find button to do lock player. Central button, if I hold it - shutdown my player.

How I can lock player when I running ?

Haven’t got one yet, so I can’t tell if it HAS a lock feature. But it sounds like it might not.

Cant believe that a simple and usefull feature like wasnt implemented.

the sport currently does not ahve a key lock function.

Hmmm–especially for a gym/exercise-oriented device, that might be a handy feature to have . . . .

After a day spent with the clip sport, I really find necessary a way to lock the player. I mistakenly skipped song to many times. 

What a bummer, it seems like a great player otherwise but what good is it if it keeps bumping tracks…

@woodstock wrote:

After a day spent with the clip sport, I really find necessary a way to lock the player. I mistakenly skipped song to many times. 

@mihail wrote:

What a bummer, it seems like a great player otherwise but what good is it if it keeps bumping tracks…

To be honest, I have never used the locking feature on any of my Sansa players, and I have owned numerous models over the the past several years.

@tapeworm wrote:

@woodstock wrote:

@mihail wrote:

To be honest, I have never used the locking feature on any of my Sansa players, and I have owned numerous models over the the past several years.

Same here. In fact, one time I accidentally enabled it on one of them and got quite angry with its inability to respond before I realized what had happened.

Maybe its in the way that we carry and how we handle them. I clip mine to my belt, and I touch all over it when reaching for it. I have to lock it or it ruins the experience, its a hassle rewinding the long talk files I listen to.

@mihail wrote:

Maybe its in the way that we carry and how we handle them. I clip mine to my belt, and I touch all over it when reaching for it. I have to lock it or it ruins the experience, its a hassle rewinding the long talk files I listen to.

Could be!

I clip my Clip Zip to my shirt pocket.  I got in the habit of buying pocket T-shirts back when I smoked, and still buy them even though I quit smoking years ago.

Yeah I guess it depends to the way we “wear” it. I personally tried to keep it in my pockets cause I didn’t want to clip it, but I couldn’t. Buttons would get pressed all the time.  

1 Like

I keep mine in my pocket.  I’m definitely beginning to regret not getting the older version just because of this.  How could they not implement a lock feature?  It’s been standard since MP3 players existed.

Well… this is going to have to go back to the store.  It just keeps getting interupted.

Clip+.

Rarely needed the lock option on the older Clips but with this new one, definetly.

Never used it on any of the ones that had it…lol.

No inadvertant keypress issue with the Clip or Clip+; had some with the Clip Zip and so would use the lock function occasionally.  

Unbelievable!  I was putting up with a bunch of Clip Sport firmware bugs, hoping they’d be fixed, but this is the last straw.  The one thing people still use music players for is music during exercise.  The idea that locking the buttons isn’t needed is just nuts. 

I guess they thought we needed a “Clip Sport” music player for while we’re watching sports, as opposed to playing them.  Makes some sense, like when the TV is muted and has an FM transmitter hooked up to it, but really!

This is a hardware defect, because they’ve repurposed the button’s other functions.  You can’t touch the Lock button to light up the display, or vice versa.  There’s no button they can assign to the locking function.

Back to the store it goes!

@once_burned wrote:

Unbelievable!  I was putting up with a bunch of Clip Sport firmware bugs, hoping they’d be fixed, but this is the last straw.

Patience grasshopper. It’s on its way. :wink: