Re: external storage is limited to 2000 songs?

I can report that the Jam has the same 2,000 song limit as the Sport. Boo.

Here's my quick workaround: I'm going to try splitting my songs into too groups, alphabetically by folder name (which generally matches artist), and limit each to 2,000 songs. The first half go in the internal memory. The second half go in the external. That way I have 4,000 songs in the database without (much) extra work, and I'll generally know which database to look in. I'll also use the external memory for all my podcasts, since my 16gb microsd will have a lot of spare capacity if I limit it to 2,000 songs.

Not nearly as good as a bigger database (and better yet an integrated one), but for the size of my active collection it should just about work.

SanDisk Guru

Or, get/use a Clip+ or Clip Zip instead, if possible . . . .

I understand that limit is 2000 however on my 32gb ihave more tha 2000 are you saying that if i choose shuffle on the Album or song view i wont hear any songs that are not shown in the window

Therefore is there a way to have shuffle on the Folder window

Many thanks

SanDisk Fanatic

@ncgreyfriars wrote:

I understand that limit is 2000 however on my 32gb ihave more tha 2000 are you saying that if i choose shuffle on the Album or song view i wont hear any songs that are not shown in the window?

Therefore is there a way to have shuffle on the Folder window?

You can shuffle your songs in folder view as well, but it will be limited to the selected folder. A workaround for shuffle play with the whole card content is to create a playlist with all songs.