Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: don't buy a sport-2000 song max no matter the size of your sd card

@kipndana wrote:

even when you defend the product you have to put in a caveat.  i don't understand why you "sandisk fanatics" and "sandisk gurus" can't simply admit that this product is a piece of junk and that there are better, more functional options out there.  and i'm glad that you realized that the sport is not for me, because i wasn't sure myself.  and it would take hours to create a 5K+ songlist.  why should i waste that time when i should be able to download and go?

Boy, you really seem to have difficulty in allowing others to have their own opinions, just as you want yours.  And you seem intent to try to inflame and insult with your comments ("i don't understand why you 'sandisk fanatics' and 'sandisk gurus' can't simply admit that . . . .")  You really can dial down your rhetoric here, it's really a pretty civil place.

Oh, and by the way, despite your categorical statements, yes, some people were disappointed with the Sport and I much prefer the Clip+ and Clip Zip, for everything but battery capacity, and continue to suggest and recommend those products (does that get me un-flamed?  lol). 

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Detailed information of the abilities and limitations of the Clip Sport is available on the official product pages and a couple of minutes with a search engine before buying something new is usually time well spent. Nevertheless, disappointed customers is not a good thing and in the long run I honestly believe it's a mistake by Sandisk not to include a note of the 2000 object limitation in the specifications.

That said, I don't think the Sport is junk at all. Yes, it has limitations compared to the Clip+ and Clip Zip but that doesn't mean it's useless for all of us. During exercises I actually prefer the Sport because during a run or in the gym a small, lightweight, durable, lowcost player with good battery life and great sound quality is just what I need!

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

@robert_a wrote:

Detailed information of the abilities and limitations of the Clip Sport is available on the official product pages and a couple of minutes with a search engine before buying something new is usually time well spent. 

Research before buying is wise, regardless of the product.

@robert_a wrote:

During exercises I actually prefer the Sport because during a run or in the gym a small, lightweight, durable, lowcost player with good battery life and great sound quality is just what I need!

And this is exactly what SanDisk had in mind when designing this player. It is not full-featured, nor was it intended to be. If that doesn't fit your wants or needs in a portable music player, there are others on the market, whether it be the Clip+ or Zip or even other brands, that might.

It's up to the individual to determine what is the best product based on their wants, needs, desires, preferences, etc. Trolling a user's forum bad-mouthing a product is a waste of time for all and helps no one. Smiley Wink