Uw

Won't turn on

I've only had the Clip Sport for a few months. I noticed that battery level was about 25 percent and then charged it for five hours. Now it will not turn on.

SanDisk Guru

Re: Won't turn on

Did you try holding down the power button for at least 30 seconds to reset the player, then try to turn it on again?

Uw

The brochure that came with it says to hold the power button for 10 seconds to reset it. Now I held it for 50 seconds. Still won't turn on.

The brochure also says that it's warranted for "the Warranty period specified in the table". What table?

SanDisk Fanatic

Try it with holding the power button for 90-100 seconds! I had succes with that more than once. And don't forget to press it again after doing so to turn it on!

Another possible scenario is that the battery is empty because it hasn't been charged – e.g. due to a defective cable.

Uw

Thanks. I tried it for a full two minutes.

I also charged it with a few different cables that I know are good.

SanDisk Fanatic

Do you use a (working!) charger? Or the USB connection? I take it it doesn't turn on when connected to a computer.

So I'd say you have tried all you could. Time to ask for a replacement.

SanDisk Guru

@JaZZ wrote:

So I'd say you have tried all you could. Time to ask for a replacement.

That is, you're covered by warranty and are entitled to a free replacement--SanDisk is good about that.    Smiley Happy

Uw

Wow, it all of a sudden started working again.

SanDisk Guru

There are grelins in these things, I tell you, gremlins.     Smiley Wink

SanDisk Fanatic

Incredible! Smiley Surprised Congratulations! Smiley Happy So our help has paid off in the end! Smiley Wink