Won't turn on

I’ve only had the Clip Sport for a few months. I noticed that battery level was about 25 percent and then charged it for five hours. Now it will not turn on.

Did you try holding down the power button for at least 30 seconds to reset the player, then try to turn it on again?

The brochure that came with it says to hold the power button for 10 seconds to reset it. Now I held it for 50 seconds. Still won’t turn on.

The brochure also says that it’s warranted for “the Warranty period specified in the table”. What table?

Try it with holding the power button for 90-100 seconds! I had succes wth that more than once.

Try it with holding the power button for 90-100 seconds! I had succes with that more than once.

Try it with holding the power button for 90-100 seconds! I had succes with that more than once.

And don’t forget to press it again after doing so to turn it on!

Try it with holding the power button for 90-100 seconds! I had succes with that more than once. And don’t forget to press it again after doing so to turn it on!

Another possible scenario is that the battery is empty because it hasn’t been charged – e.g. due to a defective cable.

Thanks. I tried it for a full two minutes.

I also charged it with a few different cables that I know are good.

Do you use a (working!) charger? Or the USB connection? I take it it doesn’t turn on when connected to a computer.

So I’d say you have tried all you could. Time to ask for a replacement.

@jazz wrote:

So I’d say you have tried all you could. Time to ask for a replacement.

That is, you’re covered by warranty and are entitled to a free replacement–SanDisk is good about that.    :slight_smile:

Wow, it all of a sudden started working again.

There are grelins in these things, I tell you, gremlins.     :wink:

Incredible! :dizzy_face: Congratulations! :smiley: So our help has paid off in the end! :wink:

Incredible! :dizzy_face: Congratulations! :smiley: So our help has paid off in the end! :wink:

Just curious: Have you pressed the power button once again right after the 2-minutes reset?

@jazz wrote:

And so, I guess that the first recommendation with a problem player should be, “Put it in a drawer and come back in 48 hours” . . . .