Sport playlist problem persists 2 years on

I’m one of *those* people who back in the day would buy 8 different 12" versions of songs, such as Depeche Mode. Frankie was (I think) the ones who started with the ‘bring a new mix out every week’ to stay in the charts.

Then when CDs came along the albums on that could be different to the vinyl that could be different to the tape. Paul Young was guilty of this but so too were Depeche Mode. The album version of a single would differ to the single and so on.

If I really went through my music I guess I could strip away 20,000 easily because they are either duplicates, album tracks I don’t want and so on. However I am a completist so it goes against my nature! :slight_smile:

Over the last 5 years I got in to a lot of 70s music, like Pink Floyd. Jesus Christ, do they like to produce different versions. Back before the 90s when everything was on tape they kept the demos and different versions so, as I said, a lot of my music is more for archive value and, being 46, I’d hate to see how many records and CDs I’d have if digital didn’t stumble along when it did. :slight_smile:

But, nothing will ever replace the satisfaction I got from making a mix tape for a car trip or dog walk. You really put effort in to it and was dependend on your mood. The nearest I got was MiniDisc before they made USB linked versions that could record at 10x or whatever. :slight_smile:

I know, I’m a sad old duffer but if analogue was so bad why is there so much effort to replicate it. :slight_smile: