Some problems with Sansa Clip Sport !

Hi guys! So I’ve just bought a new Clip Sport to replace my broken Clip Zip. Visually, i think it looks cooler than Clip Zip, but then i found out some problems with this thing, though i have updated the lastest firmware (1.18):

1. Why doesn’t the clock display on screen like Clip Zip? (There is still the “Time adjusting” function in “System settings”) 

2. The “Music” part includes only songs from Internal Memory, but not songs from Memory Card (this part in Clip Zip includes both). Therefore, whenever I want to play those Memory Card’s songs, I must move to the “Card” part, which is quite inconvenient.

3. Transfering 10-20 files at the same time from computer to Clip Sport may be OK, but when I want to transfer at least 40-50 files, IT ALWAYS CRASHES and my Clip Sport just ejects itself from the computer. I’m pretty sure that my computer’s fine.

The first two issues are flawed features (aka ‘bugs’) in the firmware, and will hopefully be fixed soon. :flushed:

Issue 3 may be able to be addressed. :smiley:

What is the platform and version of the host PC? eg. PC/Windows 7, Mac/OS-X 11.4, PC/Ubuntu Linux 12.10, etc.

The device should be able to transfer a much larger number of files with no issues. I just transfered 1400 files, which took a while, with no issues.

Well, I’m using Windows 7 right now. Couple days ago, my computer still worked pretty well when I transfered about 300-400 files to a MP3 Player. It took me a while too, but I think it’s just fine.

Let’s hope it all gets better in the next firmware update :(.

@david6 wrote:

The first two issues are flawed features (aka ‘bugs’) in the firmware, and will hopefully be fixed soon. :flushed:

Issue 3 may be able to be addressed. :smiley:

What is the platform and version of the host PC? eg. PC/Windows 7, Mac/OS-X 11.4, PC/Ubuntu Linux 12.10, etc.

The device should be able to transfer a much larger number of files with no issues. I just transfered 1400 files, which took a while, with no issues.

The first 2 features are not “bugs,” they are the way the player was designed (for the good or bad of it).  The separate memories will not be changed (it’s how the player’s engineering is); unknown if the clock display can be added, but unlikely that it will be (as far as I recall, SanDisk never has changed a Clip’s interface’s appearance after it has been introduced).

The simple solution is, if you don’t like these limitations, purchase a Clip Zip or Clip+, both of which still are available.

Miikerman wrote:

The simple solution is, if you don’t like these limitations, purchase a Clip Zip or Clip+ , both of which still are available.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/pictures/t/61/59b86743ff6b62a108cb0d41fdbaff03_61295.gif?dl=1283109305

Many people are under the impression that every new model of (whatever it may be, but in this case an .mp3 player by SanDisk) will be bigger, badder and better than the last. This is not the case here. If you want a full-featured player, buy a full-featured player. The Clip Sport model is not one of these.

I must admit, I suffer from this assumption as well, tending to assume that a new model will be an enhancement/advance, not a regression. 

Yea, it is a bummer when the latest model turns out to be a stripped back version of the earlier model.

Just the latest in a growing line of disappointments from SanDisk. Don’t get me wrong, they’ve had plenty of success stories too, but does anyone remember the:

1.  View
  2.  Shaker
  3.  SlotRadio/SlotMusic
  4. Fuze+

???

Or all the problems with the original Clip’s battery lead wires becoming disconnected due to improper soldering?

Or all the problems with the 1st generation e200 series where the wire to the headphone jack would become disconnected due (coincidentally enough) to the same inferior soldering?

Or the Connect, which was an OK machine until . . . Yahoo discontinued Launchcast WiFi which pretty much rendered the thing useless and obsolete.

The bigger bummer is that retail outlets buy into that logic as well, so the only SanDisk model offered locally is the newest stripped back version. (I visited 3 stores recently looking for a replacement, and the Sport was the only Sandisk model available at each.)

@mk995 wrote:

Yea, it is a bummer when the latest model turns out to be a stripped back version of the earlier model.

@kmk_01kmk wrote:

The bigger bummer is that retail outlets buy into that logic as well, so the only SanDisk model offered locally is the newest stripped back version. (I visited 3 stores recently looking for a replacement, and the Sport was the only Sandisk model available at each.)

@mk995 wrote:

But the good news is, the Clip+ and Clip Zíp remain readily available, including at sources such as Amazon.com and SanDisk’s own online store.   :)