Solutions for the 2000 file limit?

I updated my family to the SanDisk Sport, initially I purchased them all with 32 GB cards, filled up the card with Flac files. I’ve been content all summer peddling around on my bike listening to awesome music and quite happy with the portable sound quality (did they improve the earphones?)  and battery improvement over my previous Clip,  Only issue I have is the 2000 file limit,

How are Sport customers dealing with  the issue?

I was hoping to use all of the 32 GB card I purchased for it, or even upgrade to a larger  64 or 128GB card, to enjoy even more songs  on the go.

i consider this limit an issue that sandisk set, as software engineering wise they could address this numerious ways.  I’m hopeful Sandisk will address this, or release a Sport 2 with capabilities to use the full capabilities of the latest sandisk memory cards.

I thought of transfering an entire Album to a single Flac file  to use more memory capacity and stay within the 2000 files, anyone else have a solution, workaround or sugestion?  I recently read a review for a high fidelity player with two memory slots, but the size is larger than I would like to carry.

I’m a long time Sansa Clip user, I’m sure I’m not the only one here that is concerned with this issue.  Owning a crippled product is unsatisfying.

@niko_sama wrote:

I updated my family to the SanDisk Sport, initially I purchased them all with 32 GB cards, filled up the card with Flac files. I’ve been content all summer peddling around on my bike listening to awesome music and quite happy with the portable sound quality (did they improve the earphones?)  and battery improvement over my previous Clip,  Only issue I have is the 2000 file limit,

How are Sport customers dealing with  the issue?

I was hoping to use all of the 32 GB card I purchased for it, or even upgrade to a larger  64 or 128GB card, to enjoy even more songs  on the go.

i consider this limit an issue that sandisk set, as software engineering wise they could address this numerious ways.  I’m hopeful Sandisk will address this, or release a Sport 2 with capabilities to use the full capabilities of the latest sandisk memory cards.

I thought of transfering an entire Album to a single Flac file  to use more memory capacity and stay within the 2000 files, anyone else have a solution, workaround or sugestion?  I recently read a review for a high fidelity player with two memory slots, but the size is larger than I would like to carry.

I’m a long time Sansa Clip user, I’m sure I’m not the only one here that is concerned with this issue.  Owning a crippled product is unsatisfying.

I spoke  with SanDisk today and this will not be changed.

Unfortunately, this apparently is not a firmware-only issue, but is tied to the engineering of the device.  Sigh.  The Sport is not the “next advance” in the Clip line, which one naturally might have expected it to be–it is a more limited device, for use especially by those needing a longer-lasting battery or who like its looks.

Merging single songs together is indeed a possible solution and something I partly practice myself. Another workaround would be to use the player in «Folder» mode, where the 2000 file limit is invalid. The downside of this solution is that shuffle play is only possible within the selected folder. Therefore all my music files are in the «Music» folder – which makes reactions to commands quite slow.