Shuffle feature

From what I’ve read so far, there is no way to shut off shuffle?  If there is, how?

Settings > Music Options > Shuffle: OFF or

while a song is plying, press the DOWN button > Shuffle: OFF

:smiley:

I tried both ways.  Settings>Music Options>Shuffle:OFF is accepted and shows as being off.

Second way, pressing the DOWN button gets no response, then I press the > and there we are.  Select shuffle OFF, this is accepted and we still get shuffle.  Rather useless as I am learing Irish and need these lessons in order.

Suggestions?

PS… can’t seem to remove the smiley face on the first word OFF

It doesn’t sound like it’s a shuffle issue then, but the fact that this player plays by “alphbetical” order and track #'s are ignored. See this thread:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/Clip-Sport-Songs-Order-amp-Album-Mix-ups/td-p/317021

You will have to edit the ID3 tags (MP3Tag is great for this) and place the track # (01, 02, 03, etc.) at the beginning of the track name to get it to play in numerical order.

I looked at both of those places and must admit that looks like a lot of work.  Along with that, I have no idea what that tag site said.  I’m not a tech man with things like this. I replaced my Clip+ as the review key stopped working.  Not including the Irish lessons I loaded into the Plus, there are just under 1000 tracks on that Plus and many of that on the Micro Card.  Don’t have the time for that re-tagging bit so I’ll store the Zip until it’s fixed and get another pair of Clip+ from Amazon, as they still list them.  If no fix comes along within 30 days I’ll have to return the Zip or Best Buy may not take it back.

There are a couple other things–I miss the A, B, C listings as I scroll down the screen.  I thought that was handy.

The lack of locking is an annoyance as I must be careful about clipping it to something as that something will eventually cause an unwanted change.

Thanks for the reply.  It’s good someone is listening 

@sansabird wrote:

Don’t have the time for that re-tagging bit so I’ll store the Zip until it’s fixed and get another pair of Clip+ from Amazon, as they still list them.  If no fix comes along within 30 days I’ll have to return the Zip or Best Buy may not take it back.

Wait a minute . . . the “Zip”? This board is for the new Clip “Sport”. Which player do you have and are talking about? :confounded:

Sorry about that.  I meant the Sport.  There seems to be no fix for this shuffle business so I’ll return it to Best Buy tomorrow.

Thanks to all on the responses.

The alphbetical sorting instead of track# sorting is to be addressed in the next firmware update due out soon.

Can the Shuffle feature be removed altogether? So I never see it again?

I can appreciate that a lot of folks love the shuffle feature, but I have no use for it.

Yet it keeps popping up as an option to decline. 

I’d much rather have it not appear at all, as in my Creative Zen Nano and my Toshiba Gigabeat. (Both 10+ years old but still working, and both with a much more intuitive user interface than the just bought Clip Sport.)

Again, is it possible to no longer see Shuffle?

Thanks.