Sansa sport clip freez after 1.36 upgrade few times

Hello,

just buy sansa clip sport, got home and first thing look for upgrade.

upgrade to 1.36 was good.

play with the sansa for 30min - and it freeze 2 times!

during a song (nothing help)!

reading this forum i lrean i have to push for 20 sec to go for factory defult… and it helps

my query - if i should leave with the act that it will freeze - or should I return it and buy the zip/jam

thanks for the help

Yoss

What types of files are you using? What format are your tags in? Sandisk players need to have their mp3 files with ID3V2.3 ISO 8859-1 format tags. Do you have a card in the player? don’t add or remove a card while the player is on. 

the sansa hold the same files that came with it - it is new product

I need to choose if to keep it or to buy solid product like zip/jam - that are bug free product

I know that sport - is making a lot of issues - and the product is not stable…for a very long time

I think i did a mistake and should replace it with 14 days i have for new product 

Yossi 

thanks for the answer 

again the product is new - only defult files caming with the product.

Do not know how to look what type of file it is?

the question is 

shoould I keep it or replace for solid product like jam? (jam as I read is bug free product - reletevly to sport that is not satable in many articales in the internet)

I can replace the product to the store in 14 days

Thanks,

Yossi 

test

the sansa is new…only defult music that the sansa hold whan you buy new product…
again i have one query please try to answer.

i have 7 more days that i can replace the product… i know sansa sport is not stable and this upgrade do not help.
do you think soon we will have new update it will make it stable…
or i should replace to sansa jam?
thx

If it’s doing this with an [essentially] new player with only the default sample songs on it, I’d replace it with another. It’s likely defective.

Also, in your original post you asked if you should replace the Sport with a Jam or Zip.  If you can get a Zip at a fair price, do so–it doesn’t have certain of the detrimental limitations of the Sport, and has many benefits.   :slight_smile:

@tapeworm wrote:

If it’s doing this with an [essentially] new player with only the default sample songs on it, I’d replace it with another. It’s likely defective.

My experience with Sandisk players is that they often come with the built in flash drive and sample songs corrupted, so the first thing I do before using a Sandisk player is to format the internal memory using the player’s menu. This will delete all the sample garbage on the player

@jk98 wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

My experience with Sandisk players is that they often come with the built in flash drive and sample songs corrupted, so the first thing I do before using a Sandisk player is to format the internal memory using the player’s menu. This will delete all the sample garbage on the player

Interesting–I’ve never had a corrupted Clip player out-of-the-box.