Sansa Clip Sport will not play SD card!

So I bought a new 64 GB mini SD card, and loaded it with music. It will not play on my mp3 but shows up on the computer. It has an NTFS file system. When I put it in mp3 it tells me to re-format it. Which I did a bunch of times but it’s not helping!!

I have read on this Forum that the Clip Sport (and Clip Jam) will properly access micro SD cards formatted using FAT32.

After you change the card format, first allow the player to create its favorite subdirectories (Audible, Audiobooks, Music, Playlists, Podcasts). Then you can start copying/pasting audio files into the corresponding sudirectories, etc.

All the Firmwares posted here for the Clip Sport (except beta FW 1.28) were designed to allow up to 2000 files in each of the two Music databases (internal and external). In my experience, this capacity is a good match for a 16 gb micro SD card.  Music files beyond 2000 will not be recognized in a Music database. (The player will not display the excess files via the Artist, Song, or Album selection functions.)

Above 2000 files, you could use Folder mode to find and play one subfolder of audiofiles at a time. Unfortunately these subfolders will be displayed chronologically, not alphabetically. There are various discussions of Folder mode in this Forrum.

Above 2000 files, you could use Playlists to organize your audio files into subgroups, genres, etc. There are various discussions of Playlists in this Forum.

Ironically, the Clip Sport Plus player is designed to recognize up to 4000 music files in the 16 gb internal database. The player is not designed to use an external micro SD card.

I have read on this Forum that the Clip Sport (and Clip Jam) will properly access micro SD cards formatted using FAT32.

After you change the card format, first allow the player to create its favorite subdirectories (Audible, Audiobooks, Music, Playlists, Podcasts). Then you can start copying/pasting audio files into the corresponding sudirectories, etc.

All the Firmwares posted here for the Clip Sport (except beta FW 1.28) were designed to allow up to 2000 files in each of the two Music databases (internal and external). In my experience, this capacity is a good match for a 16 gb micro SD card.  Music files beyond 2000 will not be recognized in a Music database. (The player will not display the excess files via the Artist, Song, or Album selection functions.)

Above 2000 files, you could use Folder mode to find and play one subfolder of audiofiles at a time. Unfortunately these subfolders will be displayed chronologically, not alphabetically. There are various discussions of Folder mode in this Forum.

Above 2000 files, you could use Playlists to organize your audio files into subgroups, genres, etc. There are various discussions of Playlists in this Forum.

Ironically, the Clip Sport Plus player was designed to recognize up to 4000 music files in the 16 gb internal memory. The player does not use an external micro SD card. My dream player from SanDisk is the “Clip Sport Plus Plus” (Bluetooth with 16 gb internal, and external micro SD card slot).

1 Like

Thank you! Let me try this…