SanDisk Introduces the SanDisk® Clip Sport MP3 Player

Listen to music, audiobooks, podcasts, and other digital audio files while you’re working out with the SanDisk Clip Sport MP3 Player. Great for athletes or fitness enthusiasts, this lightweight MP3 player clips to your shirt or wristband, allowing you to enjoy music while keeping your hands and pockets free. It features a large LCD screen for easy navigation, along with an FM tuner for listening to your favorite radio stations. The SanDisk Clip Sport MP3 Player is available in a wide range of bright colors with file storage capacities of 4GB and 8GB**, and it also contains a memory card slot for additional storage**.

• Lightweight, durable MP3 player can clip right to your clothing
  • Large color LCD screen for simple navigation during workouts
  • FM tuner allows you to listen to your favorite radio stations
  • Plays MP3, AAC, and other popular digital audio file formats
  • Rechargeable battery offers up to 25 hours of use on a full charge**

Overview

Clips Securely to Your Clothing

Unlike smartphones or other portable music devices, the SanDisk Clip Sport MP3 Player has a clip that lets you attach it to your shirt, hat, or wristband while you’re working out. It’s also so lightweight that you may hardly realize it’s even there.

Large LCD Screen for Simple Navigation

The SanDisk Clip Sport MP3 Player contains a 1.44-inch color LCD screen (128x128 pixels) that allows you to operate the device easily and intuitively, even when you’re on the treadmill in the middle of a workout.

FM Tuner to Listen to the Radio

Along with a digital audio player, the SanDisk Clip Sport MP3 Player features a built-in FM tuner that lets you listen to your favorite radio stations while you’re exercising. The tuner can also interface with your health club’s wall-mounted television.

Ample Storage for Music, Audiobooks, and More

To fit your digital music library, this Clip Sport player is available with an internal storage capacity of 4GB and 8GB, depending on the model you choose. A microSDHC™ memory card slot** built into the device offers even more storage for songs, audiobooks, or other audio files.

Rechargeable, Long-Lasting Battery

With the SanDisk Clip Sport player, you can enjoy up to 25 hours of battery life on a single charge**, making it a long-lasting exercise companion. The battery can be recharged using a Micro-USB 2.0 connector.

Compatibility and Warranty

The SanDisk Clip Sport MP3 Player is compatible with common MP3 and AAC audio file formats, along with Audible (DRM only), FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, WAV, and WMA (no DRM) files. It is backed by a one-year limited warranty (United States)**.

Specification

• Supports MP3, WMA (NO DRM), AAC, Ogg Vorbis, WAV, FLAC, and Audible (DRM only)
  • 4GB and 8GB** capacities
  • 1.44" TFT 1.44” (128x128 pixels) LCD screen
  • Up to 25 hour battery life**
  • FM Tuner
  • Micro USB 2.0 connection
  • 1-year limited warranty**, United States
  • microSDHC™ memory card slot**

1 Like

how do i get the music from my files in to my clip , not haveing  to go in internal memery all the time?

Not sure I understand your question, but if you are asking how to get your music files from your cmoputer to the Clip player, drag & drop (or copy & paste) works just fine.

Just like moving files on your computer.  Yes, it’s that easy.   :slight_smile:

Unlike the Clip Zip, the Clip Sport does not allow any song rating.

2000 song limit on a MicroSD Card.

Limited to 50 playlists on a MicroSD Card.

Sansa CLip Sport == COMPLETE FAIL

Amazing that SanDisk didn’t bother to publicize these ridiculous limitations.

@chibbs wrote:

Amazing that SanDisk didn’t bother to publicize these ridiculous limitations.

Amazing that you didn’t read any number of online reviews or even SanDisk’s own description of the Clip Sport when it was released several months ago, or you would have discovered it is a limited-featured model.

So far you have post 9 comments since you registered less than 24 hours ago, bashing this model and SanDisk in every one. I could be wrong, but I believe that is called “trolling”. I understand your frustration, but you have to accept some responsibility for not researching this product before purchasing it to see if it would fit your needs and/or wants. If you had, you would have saved yourself a lot of grief.

Return it and buy another player, whether it be a Clip+ or Zip or even another manufacturer’s and move on. There is no further need for you to

Life is too short, and your repetitive comments do nothing to help or support the community here.

Wrong, they serve two puposes.

1. They put SanDisk on notice that they should publicize all significant limitations in a product as part of its spec list.

2. It warns other possible customers who would not otherwise be aware of the limitation.

If you don’t like my posts, feel free to ignore them.

I intend to embarrass SanDisk until they release a firmware update to correct these deliberate and insulting product limitations.

@chibbs wrote:

1. They put SanDisk on notice that they should publicize all significant limitations in a product as part of its spec list.

I doubt anyone from sandisk is reading this.  You’re basically just complaining to other users. 

Possibly,

I’ve said my piece.

They’ve lost me as a customer.

What they do is irrelavant at this point.

@chibbs wrote:

1. It warns other possible customers who would not otherwise be aware of the limitation.

If you don’t like my posts, feel free to ignore them.

I intend to embarrass SanDisk until they release a firmware update to correct these deliberate and insulting product limitations.

As much as we all might like matters to be different, many before you have noted similarly (albeit, typically, less bashingly), and SanDisk already is aware of its player’s limitations.  Unfortunately, at least part of the issue lies in the player’s hardware, and a firmware upgrade can’t change that (regardless of continuing bashing), unless the laws of physics can be changed . . . .

Me, rather than spending my time banging my head against a wall, I’d just return the player, purchase a Clip+ or Clip Zip, and enjoy some good music.  But that’s just me.

I’m disappointed. I expected a version of the Clip Zip with a longer battery life and a larger screen. I was hoping for Rockbox to become available for it soon. Instead it uses a different processor than the Clip Zip, and it seems likely there will never be Rockbox available for it. I just bought one Clip Sport player though, so no great tragedy. 

I have a few Clip Zip players though, and will mostly be using those. For longer battery life I could carry two of those. The same goes for having a player with two or more card slots. Instead I could carry two or more Clip Zips to have two or more card slots available. 

I like the Clip Zip very much with Rockbox installed. I didn’t like using it with the firmware it came with though.

I hope the next player from Sandisk will be the same size as the Clip Sport, but have the same processor and other circuitry as the Clip Zip, except for having a display the size of the one in the Clip Sport, and having 25+ hours of battery life. 

Is the Clip Zip discountinued? It seems to be hard to find now, while the Clip+ is easy to find now. I don’t mind using the Clip+, and prefer using a Rockboxed Clip+ to using the Clip Sport, although if I could get a Rockboxed Clip Sport that would probably be my favorite player.

What seems to frustate people the most is that the Clip Zip has been disappearing from stores since the Clip Sport was introduced. Many expected the Clip Sport to be a Clip Zip with a larger screen and longer battery life, which it obviously it isn’t. At the very least Sandisk should have planned to have the Clip Zip be still availble if the Clip Sport was to have so many limitations when compared to the Clip Zip. Many manufacturers have a chart on their product page contrasting the difference of their different models, with many also contrasting it with older discontinued models. Typically though the newer model has more features and functionality, to tempt users to upgrade to the newer model even if the older model they have still works fine. Even with the larger screen and longer battery life though, I consider the Clip Sport to be a downgrade from the Clip Zip. At least they could have released another model as well at the same time the Clip sport was released, that is a true upgrade from the Clip Zip in every way.

In defense of the Clip Sport though, I like the screen size and form factor very much. I just wish it had the same processor as the Clip Zip, but a higher capacity battery, so it could get to 25+ hours of battery life, and have the same functionality as the Clip Zip. That way Rockbox would be available for it soon. Oh well. I hope Sandisk does this for their next player. It would also save them plenty on development costs, since just a slight modification of the Clip Zip firmware would be needed(to accomodate the larger screen and higher capacity battery).

Agreed. But I wish they maintain the Sport’s audio circuit – the sound quality (and the power) from its headphone out is downright excellent in view of the cheap design.

well…good post

http://www.soran.edu.iq

Hi guys i have a question about mynew clip sport. Everytime i turn it on it keeps asking the language and region. Is this normal? any chance i can save those info and not be asked again?

Thanks

it does that each time content is loaded. mine has done it since the first version of the FW. 

Well, now, that’s just a silly occurrence.

THE SAN DISK SPORTS CLIP DOES NOT FORMAT AUDIOBOOKS!  You can not listen to audio books on this device if you are transferring data from a PC!  Actually, you can listen to them if you do not mind hearing the chapters out of order or if you have dedicated your life to your MP3 player and the reconfiguration of your source material you can eventually get the books in order. This being the case foget sports you won’t have time! Don’t be embarrased I purchased the 8 gb thinking of all the books I would be listening to. In realityr I am now the owner of an over priced stop watch.  Remember this when you go to purchase other electronic devices. I know it won’t come from San Disk or affiliates.