SanDisk Clip Sport -- M3U Playlist exported from iTunes (Mac) shows up as "Empty"

Thanks. I also tried opening the M3U files in Text Edit and experimenting with making some alterations to the file to see if that would work but had no luck.

If all I wanted was to use the shuffle functionality, the SanDisk would work OK. And sometimes I do like to do that. But often I want to listen to my most recently acquired music which I have sequenced in a playlist.

It just looks like the trade-off of time and effort to create and maintain playlists that would work with the SanDisk is simply not worth whatever money is saved over buying an iPod nano. I don’t like the new touch-screen ones that have no physical buttons but I guess used older iPod nanos will still be floating around on eBay for awhile. Sad that there are so few options in terms of MP3 players available any more. It seems to be a dying product category as many people just use their phones for music and increasingly switch from downloaded music to subscription streaming services…