Re: SanDisk Clip Sport Firmware 1.43 released

Thanks for the help and link,but a well-known company like sandisk should provide this standard continuous playback feature already on launch in the first firmware, even cheap Chinese MP3s they have.And do not bother and combine their own strength.As it is not corrected in the update it is no product sandisk not buy.Ps.Sorry for crippling the language, but I use Yandex translate with Polish translation.

Hi, bought this player an I am happy. Sound and headphones are great. But: why is not possible choose music by genre? This problem I am solved playback by directory. But light blue background and white font are not for my bad eyes good visible. Please change to black background and white font.

[ Edited ]

Does anybody know if there have been any power management improvements or battery optimization tweaks in the firmware updates over the years? 

SanDisk User

Read the first post in this thread and You get all the major and official changes.

[ Edited ]

I've already done so. My question did not refer only to this specific update, but to all firmware updates in general - and most importatly, to possible lesser changes that could consist power management/battery optimization improvements but perhaps have not been mentioned.

SanDisk Professor

In my experience, the long-life battery in the Clip Sport is one of the major benefits of this device.  I do not think any of the Firmware updates were specifically designed to modify the battery life.

I like to set the Sleep Timer whenever I listen to my player (including the Radio).  And I leave the Auto Shutdown timer set to 5 mins.  My player seems to hold on to a battery charge for a long time during long term storage..

Highlighted

ehhh,

SanDisk Clip Sport has very poor software.

Even can't add bookmarks to audiobooks.

How is it possible to do such bad software at all?

In previous players was possible to upload rockbox.

Battery goog, sound good, shape and dimensions good, but software poooor. Even you can't see hour :0

Next I'll try ruizu x50 or 51, has bookmarks.

SanDisk User

Firmware is the software code that powers your Clip Sport. You can think of it as the operating system.  SanDisk actively and periodically updates the capabilities, functionality, and reliability of the Firmware.  For an optimal experience with your Clip Sport, SanDisk recommends that you update your Firmware with each new release.  It’s fast, easy, and free!

SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

"SanDisk actively and periodically updates the capabilities, functionality, and reliability of the Firmware."

periodically? Last update was almost a year ago so it could still be periodically, depending on the period size.

actively? Still almost a year ago, so actively? no.