SanDisk Clip Sport Firmware 1.17 released

Other advantages of the Sport besides the battery:

2)  The refresh rate is better : using the same card with 14 gb of songs takes about 40 minutes less on the Sport than my Zip. 

3)  Audiobook speeds are pitch corrected.

4)  Bigger screen.

I realize that the seperation between card and internal memory is likely the reason the refresh rate is better.  I actually like this feature in theory.  I should be able to change one 4mb file without having to have the system rebuild and reorganize the entire 24gb database from scratch, and this is a way to partitician it to some degree.   But in practice, the 2000 item limit doesn’t let me access all the files on the card, so not as good as in theory. 

The bigger screen isn’t really that big of a difference, but there is potentially ways this could be a better player for some people.

With that said, the potential is not being met.  The file sorting is terrible.  Cutting off album titles and band names and playing alubums and audiobooks out of order really needs to be fixed in order for this to be a usable player.  If they can get at least that much fixed, it could be a decent player.  If they can get that much fixed and increase the items to 4000, or make the folder view more sortable, I’d actually be happy with the player.