SDMX24 clip sport wont work with rhapsody

I just bought a clip sport last night not realizing it just came out. It wont work with rhapsody. My device compatibility report says transfer of subscription tracks to devices is not supported with my version of windows. I have windows 8 (6.2) ??? If it docent work with rhapsody, to me its useless.

I don’t believe the new Clip Sport is compatible with Rhapsody. If you use (or want to use) this, you should return it and buy a regular Clip+ or Zip model.

Thanks for the confirmation. But is there a free software that is highly recommended to use with this clip? 

No yet, as it is a brand-new variant of player. I’m sure we will see a new dedicated board for this model in the near future and a firmware version when it becomes available.

Boy, talk about a name that will make finding the new product really frustrating.

SanDisk doesn’t know how many kinds of sport/sports clips are sold for umpteen different kinds of products? 

It appears to be available in Europe first. Looks promising in that it still has buttons instead of the touchscreen that doomed the Fuze+.  

Don’t really see why it needs more internal memory when external capacity is so much cheaper. 

http://www.ebay.de/itm/MP3-Player-SanDisk-Sansa-Clip-Zip-Sport-8GB-Blue-SDMX24-008G-G46B-/350991723073?

@mikkirourke wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation. But is there a free software that is highly recommended to use with this clip? 

The nice thing about Clip players is, no extra sodtware is needed.  Simply copy and paste what you want to listen to onto the Clip. 

Is there any progress being made on this front? 

@topjaba wrote:

Is there any progress being made on this front? 

What front? Maling the Clip Sport work with Rhapsody? No. And there won’t be. The Sport is an MSC mode player only. Rhapsody requires MTP mode and this model was not designed or built for that.

As I suggested to the OP, if you want or need Rhapsody, buy a Clip+ or Zip model. The Clip Sport will never work with Rhapsody.

This is really disappointing. I had the same problem. I have always bought SandDisk players for my rhapsody account and they have always been compatible. Bought the Clip Sport and it wasn’t… a real headache. I suppose i should have done my research and checked to make sure that it was compatible, but I have other things to do. What I am curious about is why they wouldn’t make it compatible… there has to be some sort of business plan in place. Any ideas what that is? given that I don’t know what they support and what they don’t, I will never buy another one. Plenty of other players that support Rhapsody. 

PS… my suggestion to the OP, buy a different brand. 

With the greatest of respect, it’s always important to read the box/check out the specs.  I understand the issue but, at the same time, different product models do different things . . . .

@teej wrote:

This is really disappointing. I had the same problem. I have always bought SandDisk players for my rhapsody account and they have always been compatible. Bought the Clip Sport and it wasn’t… a real headache. I suppose i should have done my research and checked to make sure that it was compatible, but I have other things to do. What I am curious about is why they wouldn’t make it compatible… there has to be some sort of business plan in place. Any ideas what that is? given that I don’t know what they support and what they don’t, I will never buy another one. Plenty of other players that support Rhapsody. 

I don’t think you’ll see dedicated mp3 players with Rhapsody support much in the future, if at all.  Probably they’ll discontinue support for it in the not too distant future.