Repeating songs after I load albums. Please help

Hello.

Can someone please tell me why is it when I copy a folder to the ScanDisk player and remove the player from the USB, some of the songs, band names and album names show up twice?  It obviously doesn't do that when I look at it on the PC.  Thanks.

wz. 

SanDisk Guru

Re: Repeating songs after I load albums. Please help

Are you using software to copy the files over, or simply copying and pasting (yes, I know that that's with software as well, but you know what I mean)?  Sometimes, music management software can be the culprit.

SanDisk User

explain your process.

1. do u actually wait untill the process ends?

2. did u try to 'safely remove'?

3. are u using an SD card of some sort?

I've had the same experience in the past. The duplicate files have a "sid" extension. From what I can tell they don't serve any purpose. I just delete them.

SanDisk Fanatic

@Ansambla wrote:

MicroSDHC karta má poškodenú adresárovú štruktúru. Je potrebné vykonať opravu spustením CHDSK (Scandisk).

Ansambla, please post your replies in English, like the other forum members! It's of much greater use. Very few people here understand Czech, but all of us understand English.

SanDisk Guru

@JaZZ wrote:

@Ansambla wrote:

MicroSDHC karta má poškodenú adresárovú štruktúru. Je potrebné vykonať opravu spustením CHDSK (Scandisk).

. . . but all of us understand English.

Speak for yourself.   Smiley Wink

Ninjafrog (ha, funny name) --

I have the same problem of seeing duplicate songs.

You asked:

1. do u actually wait untill the process ends? I THINK SO.

2. did u try to 'safely remove'? ALWAYS.

3. are u using an SD card of some sort? NO.

I've tried resetting the Clip Sport player, reformatting it, and updating its firmware (to 1.43). No help.

Looking at the music on the player with File Explorer, you don't see duplicates entries. But looking at the same music on the player's screen, duplicates everywhere.

And it's not just a display problem. The songs actually play twice.

All ideas appreciated.

Highlighted

"The duplicate files have a "sid" extension. From what I can tell they don't serve any purpose. I just delete them."

In File Explorer, the duplicate files aren't there, so can't tell what file extension they have.

Deleting songs on the MP3 player would be a huge hassle, as there are dozens -- hundreds -- of them.

How are the duplicates kept from happening in the first place.

SanDisk Professor

Maybe the mystery duplicates are the "._" (dot underscore) files created when using a Mac computer to copy audio files to a FAT formatted drive (like a Sandisk player or a micro SD card) ??

Doesn't apply. Am using Windows 10, not Mac.

As it happens, I think I've found a work around, and that is to not copy music using drag-and-drop between the computer and the player, but to instead use Windows Media Player's sync function.

Drag and drop is easier and has worked perfectly for 15 years with my Creative Zen Nano Plus. D&D is one of the big reasons I chose to buy the Sandisk player and now, ha, it's unusable.

I've seen D&D work with my Sandisk player. Something's made it stop. There has to be a logical reason for this.