Repeating songs after I load albums. Please help

Hello.

Can someone please tell me why is it when I copy a folder to the ScanDisk player and remove the player from the USB, some of the songs, band names and album names show up twice?  It obviously doesn’t do that when I look at it on the PC.  Thanks.

wz. 

Are you using software to copy the files over, or simply copying and pasting (yes, I know that that’s with software as well, but you know what I mean)?  Sometimes, music management software can be the culprit.

explain your process.

1. do u actually wait untill the process ends?

2. did u try to ‘safely remove’?

3. are u using an SD card of some sort?

I’ve had the same experience in the past. The duplicate files have a “sid” extension. From what I can tell they don’t serve any purpose. I just delete them.

MicroSDHC karta má poškodenú adresárovú štruktúru. Je potrebné vykonať opravu spustením CHDSK (Scandisk).

@ansambla wrote:

MicroSDHC karta má poškodenú adresárovú štruktúru. Je potrebné vykonať opravu spustením CHDSK (Scandisk).

Ansambla, please post your replies in English, like the other forum members! It’s of much greater use. Very few people here understand Czech, but all of us understand English.

@jazz wrote:

@ansambla wrote:

. . . but all of us understand English.

Speak for yourself.   :wink:

Ninjafrog (ha, funny name) –

I have the same problem of seeing duplicate songs.

You asked:

1. do u actually wait untill the process ends? I THINK SO.

2. did u try to ‘safely remove’? ALWAYS.

3. are u using an SD card of some sort? NO.

I’ve tried resetting the Clip Sport player, reformatting it, and updating its firmware (to 1.43). No help.

Looking at the music on the player with File Explorer, you don’t see duplicates entries. But looking at the same music on the player’s screen, duplicates everywhere.

And it’s not just a display problem. The songs actually play twice.

All ideas appreciated.

“The duplicate files have a “sid” extension. From what I can tell they don’t serve any purpose. I just delete them.”

In File Explorer, the duplicate files aren’t there, so can’t tell what file extension they have.

Deleting songs on the MP3 player would be a huge hassle, as there are dozens – hundreds – of them.

How are the duplicates kept from happening in the first place.

Maybe the mystery duplicates are the “._” (dot underscore) files created when using a Mac computer to copy audio files to a FAT formatted drive (like a Sandisk player or a micro SD card) ??

Doesn’t apply. Am using Windows 10, not Mac.

As it happens, I think I’ve found a work around, and that is to not copy music using drag-and-drop between the computer and the player, but to instead use Windows Media Player’s sync function.

Drag and drop is easier and has worked perfectly for 15 years with my Creative Zen Nano Plus. D&D is one of the big reasons I chose to buy the Sandisk player and now, ha, it’s unusable.

I’ve seen D&D work with my Sandisk player. Something’s made it stop. There has to be a logical reason for this.

I still have my 2004 Creative Zen Xtra mp3 player (40gb).  I use it with a mini-amp connected to two 30 year old speakers.

Drag and drop of folders works totally OK for me between my Win 10 laptop and my Clip Sport.  I usually do not use 2 open file transfer windows.  Maybe try it using the Clip Sport Music folder on the left side of one file transfer window as destination?

And your file source folders are on the right side of the file transfer window.

Also. Maybe try only a few folders at a time?  And make sure you use the “Eject device” feature in the Win 10 tool bar.

1 Like

I still have my 2004 Creative Zen Xtra mp3 player (40gb).  I use it with a mini-amp connected to two 30 year old speakers. Ha, we’re of the same mother. My speakers are Pioneer S-710s, bought in a Korea PX in 1985.

Drag and drop of folders works totally OK for me between my Win 10 laptop and my Clip Sport. That’s useful to know. Proves it should work for me, too.

I usually do not use 2 open file transfer windows. Easiest way for me. Lets me see exactly where the source and destination are.

Maybe try it using the Clip Sport Music folder on the left side of one file transfer window as destination? And your file source folders are on the right side of the file transfer window. Have tried it both ways, and don’t see that it should matter how the two windows are positioned on the screen.

Also. Maybe try only a few folders at a time? Had tried that. Didn’t help.

And make sure you use the “Eject device” feature in the Win 10 tool bar. I always do that. 

Thanks for advice. May try again if I get tired of using Windows Media Player to sync/copy the music. But the tech in me wants to know why I see only one song, not duplicates, when looking at the player’s contents through File Explorer…while the player says it has two copies of the song and plays them both. If it were just one song, I could live with it. But it’s every song in every album.

I have an idea I’ll try pretty soon.

And that’s to format the Clip Sport, just to start with a clean slate, and then try drag & drop using my Win 7 computer.

If I still get duplicate songs, it tells me the problem is in the Clip Sport.

If I don’t get duplicate songs, the problem is in the Win 10 computer, and will be what I need to troubleshoot. 

What happens when you try the same folder copying process to the micro SD card inserted into the Cip Sport?

No micro card that I know of. Just internal 8GB.