Possible to update firmware from the microsdhc card?

Is it possible to update the firmware of my clip sport from the microsdhc card?

I have an Android phone, but no access to a computer. I can put mp3s and other files on the SD card to play on my clip sport.

The Clip Sport operating system can only be upatded by placing the “upgrade.hex” file into the “root” directory of the player.

You could save the “upgrade.hex” file in a micro SD card,  But then you will need to copy the file into the main directory of the internal memory of the player. 

I think there are a few Android File Manager apps that can use an OTG “on-the-go” cable to access external USB-connected devices???

Make sure you use the correct Firmware for your player.

There are 3 Clip Sport players. The Firmware upgades are player-specific.

The Clip Sport operating system can only be updated by placing the “upgrade.hex” file into the main “root” directory of the internal memory of the player.

You could save the upgrade.hex file in a micro SD card,  But then you will need to copy the file into the main directory of the internal memory of the player. 

I think there are a few Android File Manager apps that can use an OTG “on-the-go” cable to access external USB-connected devices???

Make sure you use the correct Firmware for your player.

There are 3 Clip Sport players. The Firmware upgades are player-specific.

1 Like