Podcasts autmatically repeat

my player is always restarting the podcast I just finnished listing to automatically.  I  have the repeat setting set to off.  This is very annoying and wasn’t how the previous models used to work.  Is this a bug?  I think this is something that should be fixed in an upcoming firmware update.

1 Like

I bought this mp3 player, downloaded the upgrade and loved my first experience. It automatically played one podcast after another. The next week, after I updated my content, I have to manually find the next podcast and start it, or the same file plays again and again. Repeat is turned off, just like rad_sci_guy’s.

I will repeat my request like my player is repeating my pods.

Are any tech’s monitoring this thread?

1 Like

Definite software glitch.

Just bought the Clip Sport – which was replacing my failing Clip Zip.

Shocked when my podcasts kept repeating and repeating and repeating …

I used the Clip Zip at night and I would listen to a podcast to fall asleep – but now the podcast keeps repeating which wakes me up.  (Sure I could use the sleep button, but that only works once.  And if you want to do it again, you have to go through all the menus, which is not fun if it is 4:00 am and want a distraction to fall back asleep)

I’ve done some experimenting.  The audiobook folder has the same problem.  But the music does not.  Note:  The “repeat” button in the settings only applies to music.

The guy/gal  that wrote the firmware 1.22 for the Clip Sport simply left the default for repeating podcasts and audiobooks as “on” not “off”.  Just Stupid, Stupid, Stupid … Why would anyone want to keep heaing the same podcast over and over and over again?

There is a work around, you can put your podcasts into the music folder, but that interferes with my sense of order.

Per Pod-is-my-God, I will repeat my request like my player is repeating my pods.

If I listen to a Podcast stored in the Podcast Folder it automatically changes to pause when it’s finished. If I press play it will then repeat but I have to decide to do so. If there is another Podcast it will continue to play the next. It’s fine…

@MacUser,

Thanks for your input – it is helpful.

That’s just what I want, that’s what I expect, and that’s what my two old Clip Zips used to do (first Clip Zip deceased, second has memory problems).

Given what you say, the problem may only affect some Sports Clips.  Mine was goofy straight out of the box.  (The music half works just fine.  It is only the podcasts that are messed up)  I’ll see if I can make my engineering degree pay off.play around somemore and see if I can make a fix.