Playlists on Sandisk Clip Sport

Recently purchased the Clip Sport Plus and I’m beginning to wonder if I can create any plylists other than 3 GoLists. I’m using an HP laptop running Windows 10. I thought I found the answer here: https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/946/~/rip-audio-cds%2C-create-playlists-and-transfer-music-to-a-sansa-player-using#sync_playlist but Step 2 under Sync Playlist says that it needs to be in MTP mode. Researching that, I found that apparently this model only MSC. So basically, my question is (and keep in mind I’m not that tech savy), other play lists are not possible on this model?

Try this procedure submitted by very special member DFELD2005 :

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/Trying-to-create-a-playlist-without-Windows-Media-Player/m-p/354089/highlight/true#M2888

And mucho kudos to him for all his research, experimentation and help to others with this issue (and other issues as well) on the forum! He is truly a valued member of this community! :wink:

Here is a recent message from new forum member JSW1735.  This description clarfies the method using Windows Media Player.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport-Plus/M3U-playlist-empty/td-p/358420/page/2

AND here is link to my current favorite method, the automated batch file command.

With a really helpful modification by new forum member TVRWM.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/Simple-Batch-File-for-Playlist-of-All-Files-on-Micro-SD-Card/m-p/364856#M3804

However, I must admit, sometimes I get really wild and just “shuffle all”.

I use mp3tag.

First, in mp3tag, i check that all the songs are formatted with the ISO 8859 to avoid any problem (in tools>options>tag>mpeg then i just select all the files and add the comment “ISO” so for the future i know which files have it and which not. Then i save all and empty the list, because i will mp3tag later).

I don’t know if it necessary but i had problems with other format and/or accented characters.This step need to be done only once. i just imported my whole library and did that for all the files.

Then i tranfer the files to the player in the “music” folder inside the same folder. 

I use the playlist for genres, so i will have for example “metal” and inside all my bands folders and inside them my folders/files

Then i drag the folder itself in mp3tag and i just press create playlist. Then i just give it the same name as the folder and i save.

Doing like that i will have the metal.m3u inside the metal folder.

Now going in “Music” on the player under playlist you should see the playlists. That’s all. 

1 Like

I can’t believe how simple the solution is to this. I was about to give up with all this formatting bs and creating playlists in other software programs. Ready? Here’s how you create a playlist from your Windows PC:

1 - Plug your Sandisk in to your PC

2 - Go to My Computer

3 - Open the Sandisk drive

4 - Click the Playlists folder

5- Create a folder and name it whatever you want your playlist to be

6- Drag and drop any MP3’s you want in to your playlist folder from the ones saved on your PC

7- Click safely remove hardware and eject media on your bottom PC toolbar and select the Sandisk to eject (It always takes 2 tries with my PC for some reason)

8- Open your Sandisk up and use the Folder option at the base menu (Sport/Settings/Music/Radio/Books/ Folder /Bluetooth) *Do NOT use the Music option)

9 - Scroll down to the Playlists folder and voila! The playlist is there, with all the MP3’s in the exact order, and same title as on your PC. 

That’s it! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

does this allow you to put the songs in the order that you want them to play? or will they still play alphabetical? 

The process described above by SanDisk member “Ninja1” does not create a true Playlist.m3u File.

The process described uses Folder mode to play a subfolder of music files.

The process described above by SanDisk member “ghiekorg” uses the software mp3tag to create a true Playlist.m3u file. 

(The automated batch file method also creates true Playlist.m3u files.)

Music mode of the player finds all the Playlist.m3u files that are saved within the Music Folder (and subfolders) on the player.  Card mode finds all the Playlist.m3u files saved within the Music Folder (and subfolders) on the micro SD card.

The order of playback in the Playlist.m3u file will  be based on alphanumeric sorting of the music files in the subdirectory containing the music files.  Make sure to use unique names for each Playlist.m3u file.

If you want to design a precise order of playback in the Playlist.m3u file, then you could add 2-digit prefixes (followed by a space or hyphen) in the filenames of the music files.