Playlists on SD card don't show up in the list

I just purchased a brand new Sansa Clip Sport.

I just updated the firmware and installed the SD card with all my music and playlists.

The card works perfectly on an older Clip Zip and all the playlists show.

The same card doesn’t show all the playlist on a brand new unit.

There are roughly 7 lists not showing up.

All the playlists are valid and in the correct location.

Why is it that there are ALWAYS issues with M3U playlists when Sansa comes out with a new unit?

I’m ready to take this thing back already.

Well it appears that that Sansa Clip Sport can’t even read a SanDisk Ultra plus Micro SD card and accurately read the File Allocation Table on the card.

Absolutely incredible!

SanDisk makes a product that can’t even use memroy cards that it makes itself!

I have to go to an older and slower card! WTF!

The Sansa Clip Sport is a MEGA-FAIL!

I’m sorry I bought this POS.

It’s really something when an Android App called PowerAmp is a better MP3 player on a phone than a dedicated product from SanDisk .

Very disappointed.

SanDisk has lost me as a customer.

I tried communicating this issue to SanDisk via their chat support.

What a complete joke!

After all the problems I’ve had with this piece of hardware, to add insult to injury

I get some newbie who doesn’t have a clue and decides to run through her script

and not even read the problem I presented to her.

SanDisk, You have become a company I will no longer do business with.

You put junk on the market and then don’t do anything to fix it.

Well, After repeated tests, I have found that this new POS called the Sansa Clip Sport only allows 50 M3U Playlists on an SD Card!

SanDisk, If you had published the limitations of this POS before bringing to market, you wouldn’t have sold a single one!

As you just purchased the player, return it and get a full-featured Clp+ or Clip Zip.  The Clip Sport is a player best for specific and a bit limited purposes.

@miikerman wrote:

As you just purchased the player, return it and get a full-featured Clp+ or Clip Zip.  The Clip Sport is a player best for specific and a bit limited purposes.

You actually wasted time posting that as a reply.

You might as well have told me water was wet and rocks are hard.

I sincerely hope that SanDisk monitors customer satisfaction and learns from its mistakes …

@auc wrote:

I sincerely hope that SanDisk monitors customer satisfaction and learns from its mistakes …

WIll never happen,

If they took the time and went back to what made them successful they might learn something.

They are too busy chasing after Apple.

If they brough back an updated Express unit that was basically just a USB stick like the iRiver Volvano,

they’d really have something again.

@chibbs wrote:

The Sansa Clip Sport is a MEGA-FAIL!

I’m sorry I bought this POS.

Why further aggravate yourself? Return it and get a Clip+ or Zip model that is more “full-featured”. The Clip Sport is a limited model for a limited market. SanDisk has never made any secret of that, and had you researched and/or read any number of online reviews or comments on it before purchasing it, you could have saved yourself a lot of grief and anger.

Unless your intention is just to bash it here on the forum, in which case mission accomplished. Maybe you should move on now.

@chibbs wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Then I guess I don’t understand why you’re posting here, apart from simply venting your frustration, bashing SanDisk (which you’ve done in repeated threads), and having a knee-jerk reaction against someone actually offering you a positive suggestion.  Seems to me that you would do better spending your own time on returning the player, getting a Clip + or Zip, and enjoying some music.  But to each their own, I guess.

@chibbs wrote:

To the contrary–Apple has exited the dedicated DAP market.

@chibbs wrote:

@auc wrote:

WIll never happen,

If they took the time and went back to what made them successful they might learn something.

If they brough back an updated Express unit that was basically just a USB stick like the iRiver Volvano,

they’d really have something again.

“Too busy chasing after Apple”?  To the contrary–Apple has exited the dedicated-DAP market.

@chibbs wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Then I guess I don’t understand why you’re posting here, apart from simply venting your frustration, bashing SanDisk (which you’ve done in repeated threads), and having a knee-jerk reaction against someone actually offering you a positive suggestion.  Seems to me that you would do better not wasting your own time and instead spending your time on returning your player, getting a Clip+ or Zip, and enjoying some music.  But to each their own, I guess.

@miikerman wrote:

@chibbs wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Then I guess I don’t understand why you’re posting here, apart from simply venting your frustration, bashing SanDisk (which you’ve done in repeated threads), and having a knee-jerk reaction against someone actually offering you a positive suggestion.  Seems to me that you would do better not wasting your own time and instead spending your time on returning your player, getting a Clip+ or Zip, and enjoying some music.  But to each their own, I guess.

Look, If you choose to be a SanDisk lemming, have at it.

I don’t appreciate being lied to by the company.

A lie by ommission is still a lie.

SanDisk deliberately withheld the limitations of this device from the public.

Heck, they still do.

You have to actually buy one to see how poor a device it actually is.

They still do NOT publicize the 2000 song limit or the 50 Playlist limit as part of the unit specifications.

That’s unethical.

@chibbs wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

@chibbs wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Heck, they still do.

They still do NOT publicize the 2000 song limit or the 50 Playlist limit as part of the unit specifications.

That’s unethical.

@chibbs wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

@chibbs wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Heck, they still do.

That’s unethical.

I don’t dispute your upset and concern.

What I do object to is your continuing insulting of me here, without basis or cause, when all I’ve tried to do is to provide you with  helpful info.

But you seem intent on continuing as you are, and continuing on wasting your time.  You’re not getting anywhere with it–SanDisk, as people have explained to you repeatedly, already is aware of the issues.  But I guess you feel a need to vent here.

Me, I’d simply return the dang device and buy a Clip+ or Clip Zip, which would seem to do all you want.  For some odd reason, you keep on fighting over a device that won’t do as you want and that you don’t like, making you more and more miserable, and refusing the easy alternatives.  Maybe you’ll sleep on it and decide better.