Playlists (mostly), formatting, full reset, etc.

Oops forgot to input message.
This is all very interesting but I have no idea what you’re all talking about. I have a locked Sport Clip that was apparently sold to people in prison. I like its size and want to use it in my work (beekeeper). Mine has no internal memory to read, meaning I cannot access it…everything plays off the external sd card. If I erase the card, put it in the player, then pull it out and look at the card again, it magically has all the same folders and files on it EXCEPT the “Owner” file that actually had a prisoner’s name and I guess prison number or done kind of reference number.

I tried making an m3u playlist and putting it on the card along with the actual music files in mp3 form. It worked twice but never worked again.

So I bought another Sport Clip on eBay and cleared the card, put all my mp3 files on the card (no m3u this time), then put it in the new Clip Sport. They were read so I moved them to Go File 1 (which is user 1) then put the card back in the locked prison version (it has a clear case). Now I can play my songs in go list 1.

My question is, how can I do this without using the device I bought off eBay? I’m no coder but I’ve played around with text editors and file viewer apps and it looks relatively straight forward. Is there a way I can add my mp3 songs to the file I find I’m the card which is labeled USERPL1.PL?

Thanks for the patience.