Playlists are not saving on the device (Clip +)

I have recently ran into an problem with synching playlists to the internal memory of my Clip + from Windows Media Player 12. Transferring playlists worked fine for months. Now, though, when I try to sync to the Internal memory, I get the progress bar that goes through all the motions, and a notification that the sync successfully compelted. However, when I disconnect the player, my playlists are nowhere to be found. The songs have been copied over, but the playlist itself does not exist.

I have plenty of room on the internal memory card, and syncing to the External card works fine.

I have gone into the device’s playlist folder and deleted the playlist (.pla) file in attempt to force a new one to be written. This does not work, either. Though the playlist says synched, the new one does not appear.

I do not want to go through the hassle of manually creating playlists on the player or working with them in some other program. Some of them are rather lengthy.  I have attempted to add files manually by right clicking on the .pla file and going to properties, but the changes are not retained (the files are not set to read-only).

I’m using Windows 7, 64-bit, and also updated the Clip’s firmware to make sure that was not the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.