Playlist: some files not showing

Hello,

I have been using a Clip Sport for a few months now, am very satisfied with it, however there is one persistent problem that I cannot seem to solve, despite spending a few hours browsing this forum.

Simply put, I create .m3u playlists with Musicbee, “correct” them so that this:

Music\Web Artists\YOGSCAST Lewis & Simon\YOGSCAST Lewis & Simon - Diggy Diggy Hole.mp3 Music\Web Artists\YOGSCAST Lewis & Simon\YOGSCAST Lewis & Simon - MoonQuest\_ An Epic Journey.mp3

Becomes this:

Music/Web Artists/YOGSCAST Lewis & Simon/YOGSCAST Lewis & Simon - Diggy Diggy Hole.mp3 Music/Web Artists/YOGSCAST Lewis & Simon/YOGSCAST Lewis & Simon - MoonQuest\_ An Epic Journey.mp3

Now, when using my Clip Sport, the Moonquest file shows up alone in the playlist, despite the fact that nearly the entire paths of both files are identical (save for the file name).

When checking in the Folder access, both files are perfectly playable and work fine.

So far, I have:

-checked file names for odd characters that might cause problems for the firmware: without success

-checked that both files weren’t protected (like some .wma files can be): without success

-updated my firmware to the current (1.43) version: didn’t solve the problem either

Now, the only thing I can think of is the following: I am using a 128 Gb Samsung Evo Plus micro-SD card to stock my entire library, so perhaps the problem comes from there?

I apologize in advance if these suggestions & comments do not help answer your question.

1. In all the playlists I have created and used, the text lines have backslash \ characters;  not forward slash /.

2. Your folder names and file names are extremely long. You may be overwhelming the file parsing ability of the Clip Sport.

3. In my opinion, the optimum micro SD card size is 16 gb for the Clip Sport.  The player databases cannot manage more than 2000 audio files (internal, external).  Above 2000 files, the player databases ignore the extra audio files (will still play using Folder mode; with various problems with file sorting).

4. And, a few months ago, on this Forum, a SanDisk owner reported a problem using a Mac computer to edit Playlists. Something to do with SanDisk not recognizing Mac text line end characters (need to be CRLF).

1 Like

Thanks for the quick answer.

Well, I’ll try the suggestion number one as soon as possible, but I think suggestion three is more plausible, since the problem seems to match what you describe: some audio files being ignored by the player databases.

Though out of curiosity, shouldn’t it still work even with 2000+ audio files? I mean, playlists merely “point” to a file, so shouldn’t it be a case of “go search there and play this file”?

In any case, even if these suggestions don’t work, I appreciate the quick answer.

Maybe try a quick test to see if these 2 mp3 files will play correctly via a really simplified naming plan:

Create a new subfolder in MUSIC, name it YOGSCAST

Copy the 2 mp3 files you described into this new subfolder

Rename these 2 mp3 files as shown below:

Create a new playlist for these 2 mp3 files in the YOGSCAST subfolder.

Name this playlist text file as YOGSCAST.m3u

\Music\YOGSCAST\Lewis & Simon - Diggy Diggy Hole.mp3

\Music\YOGSCAST\Lewis & Simon - MoonQuest_ An Epic Journey.mp3

Maybe report back here with your results and your own variations?