New Sandisk Clip Sport 8GB

Hello :slight_smile:

Just connected my player to my pc, charged it for three hours and synced 8 playlists of music. 

Savely removed the player and started to look into the menu, got stuck in Radio.

It will not get back to menu.

No matter where or what I click, it just goes back and forth in RADIO.

Powered it down and on again…get RADIO in view, can not do anything else but go back and forth in RADIO again.

Was looking forward to use it today while working.

Any advise for me?

Greetings,

Lewi

1 Like

Maybe your device is working OK by now?    If not, here are a few suggestions:

1. Pause the Radio app.  Use the “back” button to get to the main menu screen. Use the right (or left) buttons to see the other active Menu items.  During this simple navigation, do you see any other applications (Music, Books, Folder, Card, etc) ?

If Yes, then maybe your device is working OK.

If Not, then try to navigate to the Settings menu.  

In the Settings Menu, select “System Settings” -> “Customize”

Then make sure all the listed applications are selected as “On”.

1. If you are unable to navigate to the Settings Menu, then try installing the most recent Firnware (1.36) for the Clip Sport.

Follow the instructions at this SanDisk webpage:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/SanDisk-Clip-Sport-Firmware-1-36-released/td-p/355902

Maybe report back here and let us know if your device is now working properly??

Maybe your device is working OK by now?    If not, here are a few suggestions:

1. Pause the Radio app.  Use the “back” button to get to the main menu screen. Use the right (or left) buttons to see the other active Menu items.  During this simple navigation, do you see any other applications (Music, Books, Folder, Card, etc) ?

If Yes, then maybe your device is working OK.

If Not, then try to navigate to the Settings menu.  

In the Settings Menu, select “System Settings” -> “Customize”

Then make sure all the listed applications are selected as “On”.

1. If you are unable to navigate to the Settings Menu, then try installing the most recent Firmware (1.36) for the Clip Sport.

Follow the instructions at this SanDisk webpage:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/SanDisk-Clip-Sport-Firmware-1-36-released/td-p/35590…

Maybe report back here and let us know if your device is now working properly??

1 Like

Hello again…

I have done a reset and now I can travel through the menu :slight_smile: Firmware I will donwload and see what it does.

What it did not do was store my playlists that I made in WMP, all the songs are scrambled now, which I don’t like…

Furthermore I can not see files on the player as in books, music, pods…it is just blanc.

Probably will these files return after I have taken the latest firmware?

Thanks for reacting so quickly btw :slight_smile:

I think it is easy and I get good success using the software mp3tag to design m3u playlists on audio files directly in my player (in folders inside the main Music folder). 

But it is really not necessary to create playlists to get a lot of pleasing use from the Clip Sport player.

Make sure you understand how & when to use Music Mode vs Folder Mode. 

To use Music Mode you need to make sure you have useful data in your ID3 tags. 

I only had an iPod once, quite a few years ago, very userfriendly to navigate…until it died :wink: and as also my iMac died at one point, I decided to go back to windows. What I am saying is…I don’t know anything about mp3 players and this last answer reads as gibberish to me…sorry but I have no idea what all these terms mean!! Can you explain to me what it is that you are trying to tell me in simple words maybe?? Thanks :slight_smile:

Maybe take some time to study the Clip Sport owners manual at this weblink. 

http://downloads.sandisk.com/downloads/um/clipsport-um.pdf

Then come back here with your specific questions. 

Best Wishes