My issues with SanDisk Clip Sport firmware

I’m glad you call your example facetious yourself, so I don’t have to.

I usually do my research before buying any product. In case of the SanDisk Clip Sport, I went from the “marketing” pages on their website, immediately to the player’s User Manual, easily found on-line. At the end of chapter 7, I found what I was looking for:

“The SanDisk Clip Sport MP3 player is capable of working with microSDHC cards up to 32GB. The player can store up to 40GB* of total device content including internal memory (e.g., 8GB player with a 32GB card).”

Then, I turned to my other knowledge base, called “common sense”, being: more memory = more music. I usually do not look for information that makes no sense, like number of songs limitations due to a firmware hack by SanDisk, to fix whatever needed to be fixed with this device that the engineers had overlooked in the design fase.

I hope you get my point. But since you are so familiar with this SanDisk Knowledge Base, could you perhapse tell me what was changed on August 11 2014? Please don’t tell me they’ve added the “Sansa Database Limitation” part.

Also, do you agree that - next to the knowledge base - the user manual (I’m talking about the PDF with 39 pages, not some sort of quick start guide) would be a good place to include such limitations as well? I challenge you to find even the number “2000” mentioned in there.

Cheers.