My Clip Sport isn't recognized by the computer?

It is turning on sometimes when I physically connect it to the computer, sometimes it even said ‘Transferring’ and the computer recognized it for about 45 seconds.

I have Windows 8.1, I checked to see if the cable was bad, I installed the Firmware update, I went to Device Manager, did everything on the list and from what I read on the web to fix it. My Sandisk is on nearly full battery. It works and plays fine. These past few weeks it has frozen sometimes, and I have had to reset it. Maybe corruption on the inside? Or physically the connectors in the device are bent or not working? Every time I have taken it off the computer I have ejected it, not just pulled it off, though. (except these past few days when it’s not been recognized)

Is it possible that inside the Sandisk the connection could go wrong? Is there any way to fix it? I really do not want to spend $40 on another one. The Sandisk was the cheapest one I could find, too. I have had the problem before with other MP3 players after I had them for a few months, and is is very irritating. :confounded:

Thank you

@s_law wrote:

Is it possible that inside the Sandisk the connection could go wrong? Is there any way to fix it? I really do not want to spend $40 on another one. The Sandisk was the cheapest one I could find, too. I have had the problem before with other MP3 players after I had them for a few months, and is is very irritating. :confounded:

Thank you

It looks like you tried everything except formatting it, which since there’s nothing to lose, you might try.

No, there’s probably no way to fix it if indeed there’s a loose connection inside, but why would you assume you would have to buy a new one? They have a 1 yr. US (& 2 yr. EU) warranty.

If you cannot return it to where you bought it from, contact SanDisk directly about a warranty replacement. :smiley: