Is the track sorting problem ever going to be fixed?

Or should I return this thing?

I know this has been covered many times, but I haven’t found an answer to this question.

I’m more than familiar w/ tagging and have been using mp3tag for years. 

Also been using SanDisk clips for years because they’re cheap and great for running/working out. (I go through ~1/year)

Never had this problem w/ any other SanDisk product.  

My tagged files work across all my Android, Windows, and iDevices.  

Frustrated that SanDisk could mess up this poorly or overlook something so obvious.  

I know there are a few work arounds, but that would require re-tagging everything just for one device… and that’s unacceptable.

I’m giving this a few more days until it goes back.  

Anyone else in the same boat?

@d_z wrote:

Or should I return this thing?

I know this has been covered many times, but I haven’t found an answer to this question.

I’m more than familiar w/ tagging and have been using mp3tag for years. 

Also been using SanDisk clips for years because they’re cheap and great for running/working out. (I go through ~1/year)

Never had this problem w/ any other SanDisk product.  

My tagged files work across all my Android, Windows, and iDevices.  

Frustrated that SanDisk could mess up this poorly or overlook something so obvious.  

I know there are a few work arounds, but that would require re-tagging everything just for one device… and that’s unacceptable.

I’m giving this a few more days until it goes back.  

Anyone else in the same boat?

They are working on it. Not sure how long it will take though…so I am using mine just as a shuffle player until such time as it is fixed.

Thanks for the reply.

I might just return it and get a regular clip or clip+.

I only got the sport because I thought it might hold up to sweat a little better.  

Seems the only difference is the stopwatch/timer though.  

@d_z wrote:

I might just return it and get a regular clip or clip+.

I only got the sport because I thought it might hold up to sweat a little better.  

Seems the only difference is the stopwatch/timer though.  

You might try a silicone case to guard against sweat from migrating into the player’s case, and the Zip model also has a stopwatch/timer on it I believe. :wink: